Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had a nervous stomach my whole life. Overall, nothing I've taken has really helped. I do better avoiding foods that make it act up (for me that is chocolate, pop, and tomato based foods). I can still eat those things but if I am having trouble in general with my stomach or under a lot of stress, I avoid them.I've had the best luck with just plain old Tums. They don't work if I take them all the time but every now and then when it is really bad seems to help.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've had a nervous stomach my whole life. Overall, nothing I've taken has really helped. I do better avoiding foods that make it act up (for me that is chocolate, pop, and tomato based foods). I can still eat those things but if I am having trouble in general with my stomach or under a lot of stress, I avoid them.I've had the best luck with just plain old Tums. They don't work if I take them all the time but every now and then when it is really bad seems to help.
I can be fine for a week, but come the day of an appointment (doctor today), I'm on the loo 5 or 6 times before I leave home, and the rest of the day is usually bad, too. I take Dr Collis Browne's medicine and it works a treat. I just swig it out of the bottle and my tummy calms down straight away.My doctor told me she will make me an appointment with the physiotherapist, so I suppose I'll be on the bottle again!I like Tums, but find that Gaviscon gives a calmer result.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.