Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum. I've been diagnosed with IBS-C for 2 years now. I've been through a nutritionist, generalists and a number of gratroentorologists. I just feel out of solutions. I recently heard about neurogastroentorology and wanted to know if you knew about doctors that have specialized in that field. When I feel stressed, my symptoms often get worse. I have severe bloating even when I'm not constipated. After following the treatment of my last gastroentorologist, my constipation had become much better and he told me that I didn't have any bowels left. But, I still had bloating problems. When there are people around, it gets worse. My doctor doesn't really know about neurogastroentorology. If you have experienced this type of treatment, please feel free to share your stories.

G

·
I am a lurker on this website, but I'm particularly interested in what you meant by the doctor telling you "you don't have any bowels left"? Sounds scary to me.I just went through a horrific episode of constipation. 5 days with no BM and cramping that was horrible. I equate the cramping pain to "WORSE THAN CHILDBIRTH". Women will get it I'm sure. Another thing I wanted to ask is, has anyone tried the drug AMITIZA for relieving the cramping pain? Doc gave me samples but I'm reluctant to try it. Please let me know what ya think.Charlotte in Arizona

1 - 2 of 2 Posts