Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My M.D. wants me to start taking Neurontin for bladder pain . Has anyone ever taken this, and what kind of side effects did you get from this . Has anyone had any luck with it ? Thank you for any replys.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hi there. That's really funny because I have been taking it for about 6 months now at a low dose and i just went to my doctor last week. he increased it because it was helping, but now i need a little more for anxiety. No real side affects. he told me to watch out for weight gain, but that's about it. it's not an addicting drug also and there is alot of room to work with it because you can go up to about 3600 mg. right now i am on 900 mg. let me know if you have any other questions and good luck!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you beach for your reply it makes me feel better already just knowing someone else is on this too. I was worried that my M.D. was putting me on med that was not common for IBS . I am taking 100 mg. a day right now , and will slowly increase it over the next month. Please keep me posted on your progress. Thanks again.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Boggs and Beach,I am taking 1200 mg of Neurontin for Fibromyalgia. My IBS-D is completely under control. (I still take Calcium and watch my diet too.) and my irritable Bladder is absolutely fine. I would get up 6-8 times a nite before. I also can sleep all nite, maybe getting up once to urinate. I am glad I found out about my FM because this medicine has helped with a lot of other problems.love to all. mama-

G

·
My husband takes neurontin for neuropothy in his hands and feet (means the nerves are dying). It seems to help the pain, but I have noticed that he seems to drop off to sleep at any time of the day very easily. I thought this was from the meds. Also, as far as the weight gain, he has also been diagnosed with diabetes recently and had to go on an 1800 calorie diet. He has lost about 15 pounds this month alone, so I don't think that the neurontin is causing any weight problems.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for your replys i thought this post was gone. This group is so helpful. It makes me feel better knowing that there is other people taking this too. I started increasing the dose it makes me very sleepy so i increase dose only at bedtime. The bladder pain has settled down alot. Thank you again for all your help . I will keep everyone posted on my progress. I am so thankful that the pain is calming down now. I will keep all of you in prayers .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.