Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K,First I'd like to thank you so much for your very concise description and explanation on how serotonin effects pain messages in reply to my posting under the pain section.I do have a question about the other neurotransmittors. I am on Adderall which effects the reuptake of Dopamine and norepinephrine. Wouldn't this cause more constiption? I know this medication does not help with pain at all, and from my understanding these neurotransmitors could slow down the motility of the colon, increasing constipation.Also if one is taking a drug that just works on Dopamine and Norepinephrine (like in the case of Adderall), wouldn't that possibly deplete the body of serotonin? Kinda like throw everything off balance?
Just a thought ... would really appreciate any info or feedback you may have.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks K.A lot of information here. Regarding Adderall, even though abdominal pain is listed as a less common side-effect, I would think if abdominal pain is one's weakest link, there would be more chance of that side-effect occuring.Thanks again for all the links and help ... lots to read and think about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.