Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to post this because, despite how awful I felt at the time it did make me laugh!Yesterday evening I had a really bad bout of D, runnning backwards and forwards to the toilet throughout our eveing meal and the rest of the evening. As it went on I began to feel the familiar snesations of despair, depression. etc. Then my 7 year old son, with much giggling, came into the toilet WHILE I was sitting there, clutching hot water bottle and glass of water etc, and began to sing the following (to be sung to the tune of "Tragedy":-Diarrhoea! When you need a poo and you can't hold onIt's diarrhoea!When you're on the loo with a great big pongIt's hard to fartyou might mess your pantsand your going nowhere!!etc, etc.er...well it cheered me up anyway! And interestingly, the D stopped after that!Have a good day everyoneliz

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Never underestimate the value of a good laugh.
BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Never underestimate the value of a good laugh.
BQ

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Funny story:My friend has the intestines of steel. She was eating chocolate & prunes for lunch. A co-worker came up to her & said in a sad voice "I don't know how you could eat that?". Jokingly my friend went on chowing down her prunes and said laughingly, "What do you have IBS or something?" The girl (with tears in her eyes) said excitedly, "Yes, how do you know!!!" She said, my best friend has it. The girl was SO happy to know that not only has someone heard of the condition, but someone else had it besides her.I told her to refer her to this BB. She would soon find out she is definetly not alone.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Funny story:My friend has the intestines of steel. She was eating chocolate & prunes for lunch. A co-worker came up to her & said in a sad voice "I don't know how you could eat that?". Jokingly my friend went on chowing down her prunes and said laughingly, "What do you have IBS or something?" The girl (with tears in her eyes) said excitedly, "Yes, how do you know!!!" She said, my best friend has it. The girl was SO happy to know that not only has someone heard of the condition, but someone else had it besides her.I told her to refer her to this BB. She would soon find out she is definetly not alone.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lizbec,You're so lucky to have a son who can make you laugh when you're feeling terrible. It makes living with IBS just a little bit easier when the family is supportive of your condition and can make light of it instead of just complaining all the time. Give him a hug!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lizbec,You're so lucky to have a son who can make you laugh when you're feeling terrible. It makes living with IBS just a little bit easier when the family is supportive of your condition and can make light of it instead of just complaining all the time. Give him a hug!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.