Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...I guess i developed ibs when pregnant with my daughter in 2003, thought it was am sickness d/t the vomiting and cramping. Until it continued (and got progressively worse) after I had her. Been to Gastro- after doing an upper gi/sb he concluded ibs. This started as a couple times a month, now at least 4 x a week. 3/4 OF TIME with vomiting during the stomach "contractions". I say that b/c that is what the pain feels like. I had cholesystectomy in aug 06 d/t tons of gallstones. I hoped that would help, to no avail. Bloating is constant and I don't think my thyroid medicine helps. I have thyroid cancer and don't a thyroid. Endocrinologist doesn't think a=b. I tend to believe him. I think I have partial obstruction, that is what it feels like, as the bm's aren't watery or diarreah like...just ribbony and small. I go like 5-8 times and it's always in the am. I have never had or been ordered any lower bowel diagnostic tests..colonoscopy or anything, isn't that abnormal.....? Not that I necessarily want one, but as a previous poster states "bathroom mom" is starting to take on a new meaning. I'm frustrated and my dr told me no antispasmodics d/t the thyroid meds. signany herbal or otc relief that won't hurt????thanksjen

·
Registered
584 Posts
Vomiting usually has something to do with the upper part of your gi, that's why the tests were for there. The small bowel series go all the way to the colon, so that's like 75% or 80% of your track.The small bowel series w/ flouroscopy is really the best way to check for obstruction in most cases. Occasionally a ct scan may be of use, but in the small bowel series they can move things around and watch how the bowel responds.There's not too many vomiters around here, it's not that common for ibs. Have you tried compazine? I'm not a huge fan of it, but it does seem to stop the vomiting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.