Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell-o ! I HAVE BEEN DX WITH THE DISEASE INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS, GERD, DEPRESSION
TMJ, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, and Neurogenic Bladder and Neuropathic Pelvic Pain.
.. Have not been dx yet with IBS. I am having spasms - like when and before a bowel movement. I also hurt sooo bad when I have to have a bowel movement and I can't. I really hurt in my pelvic area.Which could be of course from my own problems . But these symptoms has just really stated to bother me with my bowels.I Never used to have a LAXATIVE. TO HELP ME GO -- BUT NOW I need one.At times I am so much pain when I feel I have to go that I can't. It hurts!!!!
I have not been tested yet for IBS and I was hoping to get some answers here . I am new to this board and as of yet I haven't read any posts. WHAT are the tests for IBS? and the symptoms? Any advice I will welcome. Thank you for taking your time to answer. In the mean time I will be reading the many posts I see here.Seems like a very Helpful and Caring Place !!!!
Love Brenda

· Registered
98 Posts
Hey Brenda!From what you have written in your post, you should probably seek help from a doctor. The first steps of diagnosing IBS is tests to rule out other conditions (for example parasites, infections, coeliacs). Family doctors will usually order blood tests and faecal tests initially. If these tests return normal, the next step may be internal exams such as colonoscopy and gastroscopy.The 'official' diagnosis criteria for IBS is a change in bowel motions (either increased or decreased frequency) for at least three months and abdominal pain relieved by going to the toilet. However there are many other common symptoms - you can find info on this in the main part of this website. Keep reading - this board has so much info and support from other sufferers.Good luck, Polly.

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Eric has posted these 10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor a few times, and you might find them a good guide when visitng your doctor. It helps to be assertive. I wish that I hadn't had to wait years to get such guidelines as well as the information that can be gleaned on this site.What do you think is causing my problem?Is there more than one condition (disease) that could be causing my problem?What tests will you do to diagnose the problem and which of the conditions is present?How good are the tests for diagnosing the problem and the conditions?How safe are the tests?What is the likely course of this condition? What is the long-term outlook with and without treatment?What are my treatment options? How effective is each treatment option? What are the benefits versus risks of each treatment option?If my symptoms worsen, what should I do on my own? When should I contact you?Are you aware of each of the medications that I am taking? Can they adversely interact with the medications you are prescribing for me?Should we monitor for side effects of the medications that you are prescribing or for their interactions with other medications I am taking?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANK YOU FOR THE REPLIES . I WILL KEEP THESE QUESTIONS AND ASK AT MY DR. VISIT. MOST HELPFUL NOT ONLY FOR THIS TIME BUT FOR LATER USE,TOO.
THANKS POLLY FOR EXPLAING!
I WILL READ POSTS HERE ON THIS SITE AND SEE WHAT I CAN FIND OUT ALSO. WHEN I HAVE A COLON TEST DONE I WILL POST BACK AND LET YOU KNOW THE RESULTS. HOPEFULLY WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH WITH IS NOT IBS... WE HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE! TAKE CARE. HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
Brenda

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.