Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading this site and it sure is comforting to know that others have the same thoughts and worries. Have never been officially diagnosed by dr. as IBS, but as colitis? Dr. gave me Rowesa suppostories, which helped for awhile. Have had Gall Bladder removed, but D and panty accidents still happen occasionally. Seems to be related to high fat content foods and/or nerves. The worse part is the fear and actual panic attacks every time i leave the house of Where is closest bathroom and what if I don't make it? Carry extra undies, pads and always make sure I know where bathroom is. I have to really do a lot of self-talk when I go out.How do you deal with these panic attacks? Sometimes I get so afraid that I think I make my stomach/bowels churn and hurt -- I can just imagine myself having an episode. Does this happen to you? Has anyone tried the new product Calm Colon? I take Calcium and acidolpholous and it has helped me tremendously, but once in awhile I have sudden D and this breaks my confidence. Guess it's food or stress related?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi slc, Welcome to the friendly board of IBSers. You said the worst part is the fear..... here too. I get so anxious everytime I have to go out that I always have to make a last trip the the bathroom and no matter how bad my C problem is, I can always do number 2, just before I get ready to leave. I think this IBS stuff stinks..... I hate it.
Hope I didn't depress you This really is a great place to come as people are understanding and helpful. And they give ya a shoulder to cry on.Oh what the heck have a (((HUG))) I have just one left.
------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, slc!!! Well, we're growing by the day, aren't we? I don't know about the rest of you, but I get D when I even get excited because of an upcoming vacation, etc. I think learning about this will help us all. God bless us, everyone! (Stolen from some Charles Dickens story somewhere!!!) I've YET to find out how to put those smiley face things in here!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started suffering IBS this year soon after having had food posioning. I never experienced anything like this (I'm 27) before....thought I was dying or something. The Doctor I visited explained to me that I displayed all the symptoms of IBS and instead of referring to it as "not a physiological problem" explained that the colon (gut) was working away involuntarilyand needed to be calmed down with a gut tranquilizer which would also stop the D. He prescribed Librax and it has been a complete turn around for me. I told him I was worried I'd have to take it forever and He said not to worry. He said even if I do have to take it regularly from now on it's safe. Try Librax if you can

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Papoose, Go to profile | register | preferences | faq | search at top of thei page and click on (***) it will even tell you how you can put some gifs on. Like the one above
------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts