Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am new to all of this and so full of qusetions and concerns. I went to a new obgyn three days ago. Mainly because of my insurance and its the only kind of dr I usually see.And because being intimate was suddenly painful.My stomach was swollen and tender. Plus I have been having ALOT of stomach problems that fits the IBSdescription. But I have also felt really tired and no energy here lately. I walked away with a scrip for Bentyl and an appt. here soon to have sono gram to see if possible cist on ovary. And still feeling rough. Didnt care for DR. at all so will be hunting me another one. Is it normal that Ibs could cause pain during intercourse? I wonder if something else is wrong with me. Also, I am supposed to take 10 mg of Bentyl three times a day. This makes me feel "SPACED-OUT" AND VERY TIRED. Willthis last or get better as the medicine gets into my system? Thank you for your help. I am glad to see this site exists and sad at the same time. I have a lot of reading and educating myself to do. I posted a message on the medicine forum a few min ago but didnt ask about other issues. thanks a bunch!!!

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
sorry your having a bad time, ive been on bentyl too but i found it was making me feel ill so came off it. Im now on buscopan which is helping me a wee bit.On here people will help you if they can .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I'm new here too, but I've been dealing with IBS for four years now, and I just wanted to tell you that I also had some of your symptoms. For weeks I was so tired that I could barely function. That kind of went away by itself, after I started making super-human efforts to exercise and keep doing the things I have to do. I also went through a period when I had pain during intercourse. I thought I could have IC- interstitial cystites (I think that's how you spell it), but just as suddenly as the pains began, they went away. But I have heard that a lot of people with IBS also have IC, so you might want to talk to a doctor about this. There is a website: http://www.ichelp.com that explains what this is and even lists doctors who deal with IC in your area, in case that's what you think you have. Well, good luck finding your answers, and I hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
33 Posts
i too feel pain sometimes during intercourse. In fact, my obgyn thought i may have endometriosys or a syicst on an ovary. I have Laborscopic surgery and they found nothing. It was very upsetting. As i always tell my family i alomost wish i had something serious as long as they knew what it was..... maybe that is foolish..anyway i hope you get some answers soon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi! I just wanted to say thanks for your replies,support and advice. I changed medications..now on Hyoscyamine. Also, have a GI appt. in July.So we will see from here. I went yesterday to lunch with my sister for her bday. Mexican. Bad choice that I paid for the rest of the day.Still in denial that I can't eat what I want to. What is strange to me is this time I didn't use the bathroom but my guts hurt bad. Sometimes wonder if I don't have ulcer too. So will try to work on my diet also. Thanks again!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.