Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this and still dont feel quite comfortable discussing mmy problem but i thought that this would be a good place to start. I am a 21 year old male from MA. About 5 weeks ago out of the blue I got a severe case of "d". After that I would have movements about once a day, but it would have what seemmed to be mucus and yellow liquid. Other symptoms were occasional heartburn (which i never got before), upset stomach, occasional minor cramping, bloating and excessive gas (both ends).I have had blood tests, stool/urine tests, and a wonderful c-scope. All turned up nothing related to the symptoms. The gi doc put me on Robinul (1mg 3x/day). It seems to be calming the entire gi tract, but has increased bloating 2 fold. I lost about 20 pounds in three weeks, (i believe)(mostly from not eating and the inability to work out and take my normal bodybuilding suppluments)I am one of those people who arn't afraid of anything, but this is freaking me out. What bothers me the most is the docs cant figure out what is wrong, but for now I am assuming that it is IBS. I was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and amm taking Levoxyl for that. 88mcg 1x/day. The doc also put me on Lorazepam (0,5mg 3x/day) for my anxiety which i believe is fromm the unknown diagnosis of this problem.I am just taking it day by day. Some days seem to be better than others, but this thing is freaking me out pretty bad. I guess I came here looking for other people in the same boat for mmoral support which i could really use. My physical symptoms really arn't to bad I guess but they are annoying and have changed my way of life.I just wish the doc could diagnose this so at least i know what it is that i am dealing with. :'(

G

·
Eric...HI and welcome to the board.There are a lot of people that will give you support here.We all know what you are going through.I think the waiting to be Dx is the hardest part.Once that comes you will be able to take control.You can learn a lot from everyone here.Not eveything works for everyone so you might need to try several different things to find what works.This board has helped me to cope.Its not all in your head.You have a problem and no one around you understands unless they are going through it.I have been told to just go to the bathroom if you need to.Well the problem comes when you don't know if your going to make it to the bathroom.I also have to lay down after the big D.I really don't want to lay on the wal-mart bathroom floor.lol Also I don't like sitting on the seats,but if you have to be there for awhile its hard to hang above the seat for long.You said you don't like talking about your problem.You don't have to talk about them in detail.When I first found this site I thought oh my gosh!!!!I started to read posts and by them not holding anything back helped me.I knew I wasn't alone.You might also post something that connects with a new person and helps them.Don't post more than you are comfortable with.OKI have also learned that there are meds. out there that can help.My Dr.told me I would just have to live with it and gave me nothing.Now I have names of meds.I can take to her and ask about.Also if left untreated things get worse. Once again WELCOME.------------------There will be times when we come to God,listen to Him,and then grapple with what we hear.

G

·
Eric...HI and welcome to the board.There are a lot of people that will give you support here.We all know what you are going through.I think the waiting to be Dx is the hardest part.Once that comes you will be able to take control.You can learn a lot from everyone here.Not eveything works for everyone so you might need to try several different things to find what works.This board has helped me to cope.Its not all in your head.You have a problem and no one around you understands unless they are going through it.I have been told to just go to the bathroom if you need to.Well the problem comes when you don't know if your going to make it to the bathroom.I also have to lay down after the big D.I really don't want to lay on the wal-mart bathroom floor.lol Also I don't like sitting on the seats,but if you have to be there for awhile its hard to hang above the seat for long.You said you don't like talking about your problem.You don't have to talk about them in detail.When I first found this site I thought oh my gosh!!!!I started to read posts and by them not holding anything back helped me.I knew I wasn't alone.You might also post something that connects with a new person and helps them.Don't post more than you are comfortable with.OKI have also learned that there are meds. out there that can help.My Dr.told me I would just have to live with it and gave me nothing.Now I have names of meds.I can take to her and ask about.Also if left untreated things get worse. Once again WELCOME.------------------There will be times when we come to God,listen to Him,and then grapple with what we hear.

G

·
Whats up EricMy man your not alone.Im 25 years old and also love to work out, but the pains in my stomach i get keep me from doing it. I ve also lost weight cause of this.I dont suffer from the same symptoms you have, mine are mainly real bad craps in the lower ab and bad case of trapped gas. IM a © kinda guy
I have an upcomming colonoscopy . Im hoping that might shed some light on my problems. I've done almost every other test
Hang in there bud and keep reading this board its helped me out a great deal.Take care and welcome to the board

G

·
Whats up EricMy man your not alone.Im 25 years old and also love to work out, but the pains in my stomach i get keep me from doing it. I ve also lost weight cause of this.I dont suffer from the same symptoms you have, mine are mainly real bad craps in the lower ab and bad case of trapped gas. IM a © kinda guy
I have an upcomming colonoscopy . Im hoping that might shed some light on my problems. I've done almost every other test
Hang in there bud and keep reading this board its helped me out a great deal.Take care and welcome to the board

G

·
Hi Eric. I'm new here too, just started posting today...but I'm not new to IBS...I've had it since I was born ( I'm 21 now ). It's come in on and off spurts, and when it's on it's "on spurt", it is not fun to have. It's hard to deal with. I'm usually a happy, fun, laughing and smiling person, but I've felt like crying for the past few days now...and today, after an attack, I just broke down and cried my eyes out.I've had the tests that you've mentioned, and like you, the doc said "nothing is wrong.....you're imagining it...stop making yourself sick..."....something along those lines.....Do you know, I felt a little better today just knowing that I am not the only one out there suffering from this? That I am not insane, and that this is real? I think you'll find a lot of good support here =0) I'm thinking that for myself too.Just hang in there...this is difficult to deal with, but from someone who's been there many times, you will feel better. It's the hardest thing to keep spirit when it is acting up, but it does calm down. That's what I keep telling myself right now...trying to stay strong and not break down while this is happening to me =0( You are not going insane, just hang in there!

G

·
Hi Eric. I'm new here too, just started posting today...but I'm not new to IBS...I've had it since I was born ( I'm 21 now ). It's come in on and off spurts, and when it's on it's "on spurt", it is not fun to have. It's hard to deal with. I'm usually a happy, fun, laughing and smiling person, but I've felt like crying for the past few days now...and today, after an attack, I just broke down and cried my eyes out.I've had the tests that you've mentioned, and like you, the doc said "nothing is wrong.....you're imagining it...stop making yourself sick..."....something along those lines.....Do you know, I felt a little better today just knowing that I am not the only one out there suffering from this? That I am not insane, and that this is real? I think you'll find a lot of good support here =0) I'm thinking that for myself too.Just hang in there...this is difficult to deal with, but from someone who's been there many times, you will feel better. It's the hardest thing to keep spirit when it is acting up, but it does calm down. That's what I keep telling myself right now...trying to stay strong and not break down while this is happening to me =0( You are not going insane, just hang in there!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just a short note to the newbies.Welcome!You have definately come to the right place for support as well as a mountain of information. Sometimes it gets a little overwhelming, but read through the past posts. The information is invaluable. Those suffering with D have found relief taking caltrate Plus. There is a really long thread on it. Some with cramping have found relief with medications, like Dicetel. Others have found food intolerances that once avoided are symptom free. I personally found this board as a salvation after suffering for many many years in silence. It is so relieving to know that you are not alone and we definately understand the aches the pains and the frustrations.'Take care and please keep posting. There are many members here with some answers for you.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just a short note to the newbies.Welcome!You have definately come to the right place for support as well as a mountain of information. Sometimes it gets a little overwhelming, but read through the past posts. The information is invaluable. Those suffering with D have found relief taking caltrate Plus. There is a really long thread on it. Some with cramping have found relief with medications, like Dicetel. Others have found food intolerances that once avoided are symptom free. I personally found this board as a salvation after suffering for many many years in silence. It is so relieving to know that you are not alone and we definately understand the aches the pains and the frustrations.'Take care and please keep posting. There are many members here with some answers for you.

G

·
Hi Eric, Welcome to the BB. I like you am fairly new to the board, but not IBS. I have found it very helpful and informative. I have had signs of IBS for over a year now but I never thought anything was wrong until one morning I woke up and I was on so much pain my sister had to take me to the hospital and things have never been the same since. The hospital told me i was having bowel spasms. I am also suffering from alot of the same things you are. I have had all the tests you can imagine, i am waiting to see the gastroenteroligst (?)for the every so pleasent C-scope. I have an apt. in Ocotber and there is no way I can wait that long. I am finding that EVERYTHING I eat is causing me pain. I went to my family doc and she put me on meds that i have to take after every meal to settle things down. This after noon I had pasta, I was out and i didn't bring my meds with me and now i am truly paying for it. I have found that this is turning my life upside down. I can't make any plans as I am not sure what I will be feeling like. I to am loosing weight (i would like to loose a few pounds anways). I wish you all the best for luckTake CareStacey

G

·
Hi Eric, Welcome to the BB. I like you am fairly new to the board, but not IBS. I have found it very helpful and informative. I have had signs of IBS for over a year now but I never thought anything was wrong until one morning I woke up and I was on so much pain my sister had to take me to the hospital and things have never been the same since. The hospital told me i was having bowel spasms. I am also suffering from alot of the same things you are. I have had all the tests you can imagine, i am waiting to see the gastroenteroligst (?)for the every so pleasent C-scope. I have an apt. in Ocotber and there is no way I can wait that long. I am finding that EVERYTHING I eat is causing me pain. I went to my family doc and she put me on meds that i have to take after every meal to settle things down. This after noon I had pasta, I was out and i didn't bring my meds with me and now i am truly paying for it. I have found that this is turning my life upside down. I can't make any plans as I am not sure what I will be feeling like. I to am loosing weight (i would like to loose a few pounds anways). I wish you all the best for luckTake CareStacey

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi all..welcome to the newbies! I haven't been on the board much due to a heavy load of classes this last semester and this summer so I am doing some catching up of my own. This board will provide you with an invaluable amount of information...one of the crazy things about this condition is that people have so many different symptoms and some people respond to a certain treatment in a positive way while others will have a very negative experience with it.I have had this all my life (I am 23 now). It has gotten worse over the last 4 years or so...a real pain in the behind until we finally "self-diagnosed" me (due to no doctor support). I have been managing my diet, stress level, etc. all successfully on my own. In fact, a new doctor I went to recently, who was actually familiar with and open to talking about my IBS-D said that I am doing everything right and unless red flags start appearing I can go right on self-treating. I still carry immodium around in my pocket with me everywhere as a "safety net" and it still has a great effect on my social life (friends, and dating)...but I am working through that. If you're not comfortable with telling your friends about your condition treat it as I do...tell them you have food allergies, or a sensitive stomach. Another very important thing that I learned, was go to a nutritionist if at all possible. They will help you figure out your triggers and still maintain a healthy diet. I was losing weight too until I finally started to figure things out. I have found that rotating what I eat and variety of food is very important. Anyways...welcome, feel free to post about ANYTHING...you wouldn't believe some of the stuff we get to talking about it here. Rely on us when you are frustrated or have questions....we are here to support and help one another.--Shelley------------------***Save Lives, Spay or Neuter*****Don't Breed or Buy While Homeless Animals Die***

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi all..welcome to the newbies! I haven't been on the board much due to a heavy load of classes this last semester and this summer so I am doing some catching up of my own. This board will provide you with an invaluable amount of information...one of the crazy things about this condition is that people have so many different symptoms and some people respond to a certain treatment in a positive way while others will have a very negative experience with it.I have had this all my life (I am 23 now). It has gotten worse over the last 4 years or so...a real pain in the behind until we finally "self-diagnosed" me (due to no doctor support). I have been managing my diet, stress level, etc. all successfully on my own. In fact, a new doctor I went to recently, who was actually familiar with and open to talking about my IBS-D said that I am doing everything right and unless red flags start appearing I can go right on self-treating. I still carry immodium around in my pocket with me everywhere as a "safety net" and it still has a great effect on my social life (friends, and dating)...but I am working through that. If you're not comfortable with telling your friends about your condition treat it as I do...tell them you have food allergies, or a sensitive stomach. Another very important thing that I learned, was go to a nutritionist if at all possible. They will help you figure out your triggers and still maintain a healthy diet. I was losing weight too until I finally started to figure things out. I have found that rotating what I eat and variety of food is very important. Anyways...welcome, feel free to post about ANYTHING...you wouldn't believe some of the stuff we get to talking about it here. Rely on us when you are frustrated or have questions....we are here to support and help one another.--Shelley------------------***Save Lives, Spay or Neuter*****Don't Breed or Buy While Homeless Animals Die***

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.