Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone :)i would love some help please ,i have thought for a long time i have ibs,i have talked to my gp who said yes maybe i do ,what i am stressing about right now is for the last few days i have been running to the loo a lot more after i eat ! but the main thing is i have pain very low on the left side like i dull pain almost that low it is low groin top of leg feels crampy and at times like a period pain .does anyone get this with ibs ,at the moment i am thinking omg is it my ovaries ? not sure they are that low ! ?any help would be fab thanks guys jo x

·
Registered
205 Posts
This has been my achilles heel for about 4-5 months. From First of February til mid May, I pretty much had this exact same issue every day. It always went away when I went to bed, and would start up an hour or so after I woke up and would be on and off throughout the day. Maybe a few times I went 3-4 days with nothing, but it came back.Then mid May it went away. Out of nowhere, gone. So for about 10 days I lived it up! Then I got over confident and started drinking coffee everyday again, and 4 days later, the pain came back. I felt completely defeated. I have finally begun to rebound a bit, and am praying I am heading back to recovery. I found that the pain always disappears when I take Beano before every meal. Cut back on foods that make me gassy. Relax and not get anxious and avoid ALL caffeine products(I am a coffee addict, so this has been killer) I will try coffee again in August or September if I can get through all of July with no issues. That is my goal.Anyway, yes, PLENTY of us here with left side abdominal pain. Some have it 24/7, some like me have it sporadic throughout the day, others every blue moon. It seems to be pretty common with IBS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I'm new to the site but not new to IBS. Yes I get the pains in my left side . I never know when I'm going to get a attack. I get so many different kinds of pain almost every day. I go on a bland diet , that does help some. I tried the fiber diet and it almost killed me. Never again will I do that. I changed doctors alot . Everything they said to do I did. But still I have the problem. My last doctor was at the Mayo Clinic he told me not everyone can do the fiber diet, and he was right! It's hard trying to work, you never know when the pain is going to hit. And alot of people don't have any idea what pain people with IBS has. I was happy finding this site. It looks like theres alot of info on here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank so much all of you for replying :)i have had another bad day with pain and now getting a little scared ,all that keeps going round in my head is ,what if this pain is my ovary rather than ibs (sigh) this pain is not all over the right side its almost in one spot on the low down left side , i seem to be running to the loo a lot at the moment (not nice as you all know) i feel bloated also and when i googled this it did say that was part of ibs but also ovarian cancer ( i know i worrie to much and not sure i have just fixed my head on this dam thing)thank you again xxx

·
Registered
205 Posts
Since I am not a woman, ovary cancer hasnt gone through my mind(Although Im a hypochondriac enough to find a way
) but when my pain first started, it seemed to be focused just the left side. As the months have passed on, and my anxiety went nuts, the pain made its way to the right, and even up top. I do find when I quit being stressed and anxious over it, the pain does go down.Do you get this even when you sleep? Or is it only an issue when your awake during the day?

·
Registered
391 Posts
thank so much all of you for replying :)i have had another bad day with pain and now getting a little scared ,all that keeps going round in my head is ,what if this pain is my ovary rather than ibs (sigh) this pain is not all over the right side its almost in one spot on the low down left side , i seem to be running to the loo a lot at the moment (not nice as you all know) i feel bloated also and when i googled this it did say that was part of ibs but also ovarian cancer ( i know i worrie to much and not sure i have just fixed my head on this dam thing)thank you again xxx
Pain is NOT a symptom of ovarian cancer, bloating is, and it's there ALL of the time, not just occasionally, I never got any pain when I had it, and my bowels were quite normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.