Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dr.s appointment was yesterday. He thinks that I have IBS-D. He wants me to have a colonoscopy to rule out anything else. Can some of you tell me exactly what to expect? He said that it is done in the hospital and is an outpatient procedure and that I would be knocked out. But do they put anything down your throat for breathing purposes? I can't stant to have anything in my throat I know if I wake up and it is still there I will freak out....have trouble at the dentist too. He put me on LEVSIN 125mg. I looked that up and it sounds like a pretty heavy duty drug with lots of cautionary advise. Have any of you been on it. (I take Inderal for mitral valve prolapse every day too). I have alot of admiration for all that have gone before me and wish you better days :love: :love:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hello sunshinegirl
the colonoscopy was a very easy proceedure for me... and no they don't put anything down your throat (that's the endoscopy). the worst part about the colonoscopy is the fasting beforehand, and the needle for the iv (I hate needles)... You can also find more information and posts on colonoscopies in the Diagnostic Tests forum.As for levsin, that's what i'm on... same dosage... and I've taken it for about 2 years now without any side effects, though now I'm down to taking it maybe once every other week... if that... but at first I took it a lot, but gradually my symptoms improved. there's also more information on levsin (also known as hyoscyamine) in the antispasmatics forum.Good luck with the colonoscopy, and I hope the levsin works well for you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.