Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gastroenterology Associates of Central Virginia, Inc. will be conducting a IBS trial for both D and C patients.I had an appointment with my new GI doc today and he set me up for a colonoscopy due to pelvic pain difficulties I am experiencing.I spoke to one of the women heading up the study and I believe it is 19 weeks total, you must be able to call in in several times a day to let them know of your symptoms. They are starting to think that this is a hormone coming from the brain? Anyway, she said anyone interested in doing the trial can contact them here in Lynchburg. 434-384-1862. I am not going to do the study because you have to stop all medicines 2 weeks before you start the trial, and I don't want to stop my antidepressant and my antispasmodic. You would have a complete physical, paid for and if you qualified for the test, your colonoscopy would also be paid for. You do get paid for your visits there. It would be a great trial with somebody new or needed the extra cash plus they would pay for your colonoscopy. Just thought I'd pass this along to anyone that is close enough to Lynchburg to make the trip.This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jannybitt, 16 February 2007 01:04 PM

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't quite grasp what he was saying except that hormones and the brain playing a factor. If you want more info. on it, you can call a Jennifer Vaughn RN, BSN Clinical Research Coordinator.Their phone number is 434-455-8670.She was extremely nice and since she's working directly with this trial, she can give you more information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.