Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,I am new to this site, I was told by my doctor that I am having IBS-C, thus i wish to know more.Can someone advise where can I find more information and where's the place where the discussions are held.thanksbabybelle

·
Registered
152 Posts
Since I seem to be the only one here right now, welcome. We are all glad you are here. You are in the right place, this is the "Discussion Group," Right now yu are visiting "Irritable Bowel." There are several Discussions you might also be interested in, including one on Constipation. If you have questions, just ask, we'll try to hrlp. Annem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome - I just started today too - I have IBS C & D. It is pretty awful, but I have been reading and reading and reading this message board today and making lots of notes. I plan on being very prepared for my next doctor's appointment.I have tried to respond to several messages today but I cannot tell if they are going through or not. There is no "SEND" to click on - hope you get this. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
welcome babybelle and missingwork! sorry you have to be here.my best advice to newcomers is to readall around the baord - note that there are a number of forums devoted to more specific topics. ask a lot fo questions - there are no dumb or embarassing ones around here! be patient - it will take a while to sort through the info or even sometimes to get a response. be specific in your questions and describing your symptoms. this last is important since what works for one person might not work for you - one of you is IBS C and one is IBS A (alternator). I'm the latter so I know a lot of things I read about IBS C or IBS D don't apply to me.and lastly, be hopeful. there is an awful lot we don't know about IBS, even if you're like me and been dealing with it for over 20 years. but since coming to this board, I have found more concrete advice on managing it. and it's helped so much!take carenancy

G

·
Hellooo - I'm new to this site and have recurring IBS-type symptoms. I'm self-diagnosed as the Dr's have done all the usual tests and nothing showing. My symptoms are def worse with stress and around ovulation. I'll look forward to reading around this site when I have more than 5 minutes to myself but with 3 kids thats not often. Take care everyone.Sue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.