Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just joined this site with hopes on learning about IBS. I'm a 24 y/o guy just trying to live my life with what I've been dealt. Sorry in advance for me telling alittle about myself. I'm a homebody now because of IBS although I do have my fair share of good days and can venture out into the world worry free. I've had these symptoms for a few years now and only recently did I go talk to a doctor about it. I do have anxiety which doesn't help with anything but when I can manage to keep my nerves in check, I can have a good time. I guess like some tho, IBS does dictate my schedule. It affects my social and work life. Some friends know of my condition and are understanding to it and luckily my boss and few (2) co-workers can joke about it... alittle. If anyone else out there feels the way I do, which I'm assuming you do or have, I feel like I'm the only one who has it. My mom also has it but after years of patience she, for the most part, is able to keep everything under control. I may not post too often but I will be poking around and hopefully learning things from other people and how to go about daily life living with IBS.

·
Banned
240 Posts
Welcome to the forum.I just joined pretty recentlyto and am seeing doctors nowfor a work up. At the sametime I am going to try yogafor the first time - something Imade fun of and thought I'd never do.I think the breathing part of yoga is going to be beneficial.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinkin of starting back up at a gym to lose some weight and reduce stress. For the most part I don't mind being a bit of a loner but the thing that sucks is, I'm afraid to get close to anyone afraid that she won't understand or wont have the patience for it. I could understand that so I just keep to myself for the most part.

·
Banned
240 Posts
I would not fall into the trap of being a loner now. It's too easyand the more you do it and the earlier age you do it, you fall into a rut and within 10 to 15 yrs, you want to change but youcan't. I know so many people with anxiety issues that gave upand they hate it.This issue is not a big deal relative to other problems. I knowa woman who poops in a bag wrapped around her waist. I know people with disfigured faces. People with no mobility.Currently, I have two perianal abscesses draining pus 24 hoursa day 7 days a week (for 90 days), a fistula, two anal fissuresthat bleed. The pus stinks and for a while I did not socialize.I figured I would just be a hermit until my surgery. But aftergoing to the ER with a ruptured abscess, I saw so many messedup people. Diabetic with amputated leg and about to go blind.Psychotic patient that had to be restrained by police. Our problem is indeed a problem and it really suck....when you haveexplosive diarrhea and you have to #### at a friend's apartmentand they will be able to hear it.....in that moment, it's a horriblefeeling.Around 30 million people have this disorder. When I told a bunch of peoplewhat I am seeing doctors for recently...so many of them said, "Oh yea, I haveIBS" or "I have it but never got diagnosed."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.