Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,Im new to the forum and wanted to say hello. I am 24 and have been having problems with IBS-D for the past 3 years (right before my senior year of college and about a month after getting back from the UK for a study abroad). Recently it seems to have gotten worse and is driving me crazy. I have just started a new job that I love, but my IBS is greatly limiting me and I have had to leave sick twice, which makes me scared they will think Im not committed and want to fire me. I currently take Lexapro, Metamucial, Librax, and a probiotic. I have tried Imodium, Pepto, Symax, Fligal, and probably a few others that I can't remember. I had and EGD, colonoscopy, MRI, and upper GI series, all with nothing abnormal. I also had surgery for testicular varicose veins about a year ago, but don't know if that has any relation to my IBS. I am getting pretty desperate and depressed. I feel like nothing will ever help. I have a GI doctor, but the last time I saw him, he just told me to try an Imodium once a day or the like to try to manage the problems. I looked into getting another one, but all 4 of the ones in my town are in the same practice. If anyone has any advice, I would love to hear it. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts