Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Just thought I'd say hello - I've only just discovered this board. I'm a British guy in my early 30s whos been suffering for a couple of years now with IBS -D to varying degrees. Sometimes I can't leave the house, others I get through the day fine. It's just good to know that I'm not the only one who experiences all this and that there are others who can relate to it. Is there actually anything that really works with IBS??? Anyway, if you want to say hi then email me. Hope you're all having the best of days and not the worst of days.Keep Smiling.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Hi Paul,The good news is there are a number of approaches that have their proponents/defenders. From hypnotherapy to bulking up with fibre, Caltrate & Questran; from working with the bacteria in the gut to improving the circulation in the brain, there is an approach that has worked for someone.Welcome.Mark

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hello PaulWelcome to this site. Fellow female brit here, with 2 sons the same age as yourself and I have been living with ibs.d for over 30 years!! Some good days, some bad days and some even worse days!! This site is a good place to come though and it does make you realsie that you are not alone.I would also recommend www....com - loads of good information and also very active bulletin boards.Since finding both these sites just under 2 years ago, I have learnt so much more about ibs and did, until very recently, achieve a level of stability. I found that adding in a soluble fiber (I send to .. for the Acacia fiber which they sell) and also taking probiotic every day did help a lot.Happy surfing.judith

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
HI ALL and welcome. Yes this place is GREAT!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.