Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. My names Eric, and I just found this wonderful site. I guess I should tell a little bit about myself. I was diagnosed with IBS when i was 10 or 12(been too long to remember exactly). I suffer from C and D usually at the same time. The main triggers for me are stress and depression. I was doing really good for a while when I was on antidepressants, but I haven't taken them for a while, and things are starting to get ugly again. I alway's remembered having a "nervous" stomach, but after I lost my mother in '98, things just went down hill mentally and physically. Finally after about 3 years of suffering, I went to the Dr. and got on some antidepressants. I went through about 5 before we got things right, but then it was all good (most of the time). Now, I've been off of them for about 5-6 months, and it's starting to catch back up to me now. Guess I've got to bite my tongue and go back to the Dr. (I'm not big on med.). Anyway, enough about me, I hope I can learn alot from everyone, and maybe help out in some way.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Eric - Welcome. I have taken antidepressants and have had zero luck with them. What works for me that does not make me tired is Buspar a mild sedative and Donnatal a antispasmotic. I am sorry to hear about you Mom I lost my adopted Mom a few years ago it was tough.Also if you type key words in the search feature on the main page it will pull up posts on subjects your interested in. Take Care.------------My story http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php...c;f=17;t=000155

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Eric - Welcome. I have taken antidepressants and have had zero luck with them. What works for me that does not make me tired is Buspar a mild sedative and Donnatal a antispasmotic. I am sorry to hear about you Mom I lost my adopted Mom a few years ago it was tough.Also if you type key words in the search feature on the main page it will pull up posts on subjects your interested in. Take Care.------------My story http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php...c;f=17;t=000155

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Eric! Im 18 and have just been diagnosed with IBS. I lost my Mom 2 years ago this Christmas...and the stress of that has been horrible as Im sure you understand.I am currently on Levisin for the spasams...and also a fiber supplement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Eric! Im 18 and have just been diagnosed with IBS. I lost my Mom 2 years ago this Christmas...and the stress of that has been horrible as Im sure you understand.I am currently on Levisin for the spasams...and also a fiber supplement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts