Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I had a bout w/ c-diff at Thanksgiving last year and it now seems as if my body is in revolt. I've got all the classic signs of IBS (bloating, diahrea, cramping) and my PCP told me that she wants me to go back and see my gastro. Question: I feel better today. Should I call the gastro anyway? I'm really sitting on the fence here. The bentyl does nothing for me when I am cramping but I hate the thought of calling the gastro in when I feel better. Does IBS come in waves? Thanks in advance for your help.l.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Maffie, Yes IBS does come and go in waves... stress and anxiety can worssen it. You should definately go and see your gastro. If not in a week u might be living to regret it!! IBS has it's good days and it's bad days. As well as it's good weeks and bad weeks....It all depends. But go, definately!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
maffie
definitely still go see your gastro! as cadence said, ibs does come in waves--sometimes it won't be that bad and other times it's hell!and everyone varies...some only get 'episodes' every couple of weeks, others get them every day (like me
).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.