Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really tired and can't sleep. Having real bad D...just ate a Banana and drinking diluted Gatorade as usual. Well here's my issue. I'm 26 years old and a little over 2 years ago I had my second child and then the D started....big time! Everything I ate just came right out. This went on for a year. Never went to a doctor because I was afraid to be told I have cancer or something...Well the D calmed down because I started noticing patterns in what I would eat would cause it. So I then self diagnosed myself with IBS
Well then out of nowhere I got the flu and all of a sudden I got these red spots all over my body...I went to the ER and they told me my platelet count was too low, gave me blood transfusions and steroids for a few days until things got normal. Well because this happened out of nowhere I started having panic attacks and anxiety about my health which then turned into Panic Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I've had anxiety my whole life but never to this extreme. Well I see councilors and stuff and was put on Lorazepam...which then seemed to help with the D as well! But now I've been hit with a bomb!!! This month really has been something! First I developed a abscess because a wisdom tooth broke from rot which lead to a sinus infection. They gave me an antibiotic called clydamicin which is known to cause D which I seemed to already be having again. I told my dentist I think it's making the D worst so after 2 days she told me to stop. (this was 2 weeks ago) The D continued. Then one night last week I started getting really bad back and neck pain that radiated to my rib cage with really bad D. I was scared and went to the ER..they said it was a pinched nerve!!!!
This is not a pinched nerve! So I followed up today with my Doctor and told her everything which is: I'm having really really bad D. I can't keep anything in. It's sometimes yellow or very dark...horrible order and my gas is the same. Mucus and undigested food but no blood and stomach cramps. Pepto doesn't seem to help. She said it could be a stomach bug and the IBS could be worst because of the IBS. She doesn't believe it was the antibiotic. She did blood tests and stool sample and now I wait for the results. I'm afraid it could be something much much worst than IBS. But trying to be rational I'm telling myself "It's been a stressful month and it is manifesting in your body, stress triggers IBS and back pain" But does my symptoms sound like any of yours at your worst??? How bad will it actually get for you?? Please let me know, I'm panicing. Thank you for your time and God bless

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sorry you're having such a rough time. If I ever get a stomach bug I do always seem to get it worse than my family and it does take me several more days to get over than it does for them. So I think having ibs can make stomach bugs worse, it seems to really annoy everything. I had an absess a few years ago and I had to take really strong antibiotics and they did give me really bad diarrhea for a few days, although again I was already having diarrhea everyday at that point but the anti biotics made it much worse. So I think that is a normal reaction to very strong antibiotics. I was always told to try taking a good probiotic as the antibiotics take away all the good bacteria in your gut so the probiotic replaces it. Might be worth a try.A few years ago when I was having a really bad time with it all I had watery diarrhea everyday and all day long and I couldn't really eat anything, so I lost tons of weight and it caused me to get very stressed out if I had to go anywhere and that lasted for a long time. You haven't said whether you take anything to help the diarrhea? Immodiums are really great for helping the diarrhea with me and have really helped, although if you might have a stomach bug you shouldn't take them as the bug needs to get out of your system. Stress certainly makes things a lot worse with me and I do feel better if I know I am taking something to help prevent the diarrhea. I hope that things get better for you and that the doctor can give you something to help. Claire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Claire,Hearing you say it's takes you longer to get over stomach bugs and such made me feel a bit better. And they Doctor just started me on Imodium so I'll be seeing how that works today. Thanks again for your response. God Bless.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi Mummmm-sorry you are having a bad time too. My IBS-d started immediately after childbirth and have never been exactly sure why.Here are a few of my thoughts which I've gathered over the years.Was it due to the bowel prep-2 glycerol supps?What is due to the fact that I was anaemic and took iron supplements?What is due to the fact that I was drinking milk for the first time in my life -later discovered to be lactose intolerant?What is due to the fact that my pelvic floor and anal sphinter were wrecked ?Was it due to that bottle of champagne we shared?Was it due to the excitement/stress?Was it due to the fact my mother was terminally ill and died shortly afterwards?Was it just sods law and unrelated to all of the above?26yrs on and i'll probably never know but I hope you find your reason and cure quickly. All the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.