Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I have ibs d I went through all the tests a few years ago and was told this is what I have.I cant work cause its so bad.I live on imodium I take them just about everyday at least 8 of them to make it stop.My gastro told me there's a med he can give me but it will constipate me so bad I may not go for a week and he really didn't want to give it to me sorry I forget the name of it. Anyway my family doesn't understand it and my girl friend left me because of my ibs d as she thought I was making it up sure wish there was a dating site for us people with ibs d. Eeverone thinks its what I eat when I get it from everything I eat why does everyone think that?.Im going to have to apply for disability since my ibs D is so bad and I hear its really hard to get on it for this problem.Anyway I have a lot more to say but thought I would start off with this since I'm new here.This ibs d has really ruined my life.anyone feel the same way?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Welcome :)Please know you are very far from alone here. Glad you found us!Have you tried Lotronex? Calcium Carbonate Supplements? Any probiotics?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome :)Please know you are very far from alone here. Glad you found us!Have you tried Lotronex? Calcium Carbonate Supplements? Any probiotics?
I tried probiotics it didnt do anything.I also tried Calcium Carbonate Supplements they didnt work for me only thing left is Lotronex I guess?maybe what my gastro told me he wanted to give me but he was telling me it could constipate me for a week.but at this point i really dont know what more to do?does anyone here take Lotronex and does it work for you?thanks

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
No there are other thngs to try; but I would ask your Dr if you can try the Lotronex. Obviously if it constipates you ... you could adjust the dosage or lessen the amount you have to take. It is worth a try. It worked for me the very 1st time it came on the market. But after it was removed by the FDA and then restored again... it didn't. But it definitely works for some people.Check this forum out for more threads and info about it:http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showforum=30

·
Registered
15 Posts
No there are other thngs to try; but I would ask your Dr if you can try the Lotronex. Obviously if it constipates you ... you could adjust the dosage or lessen the amount you have to take. It is worth a try. It worked for me the very 1st time it came on the market. But after it was removed by the FDA and then restored again... it didn't. But it definitely works for some people.Check this forum out for more threads and info about it:http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showforum=30
what does Lotronex do to your body? will it help with pain for ibs-d? or does it just help with your stools. please get back to me i have never tried any meds for my ibs-d

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
I tried probiotics it didnt do anything.I also tried Calcium Carbonate Supplements they didnt work for me only thing left is Lotronex I guess?maybe what my gastro told me he wanted to give me but he was telling me it could constipate me for a week.but at this point i really dont know what more to do?does anyone here take Lotronex and does it work for you?thanks
bo1,If you want to write to me I would be glad to help you with the calcium to see if we can get it to help./ Let me know what meds you take and how your day usually goes and I will help if I can.You can not give up too soon on the calcium.Linda

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.