Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to explain where I'm at right now with IBS-C. I've had IBS for 33 years. Of course that was not the diagnosis till about 15 years ago. I took lactulose for a long time and got off that when I found some herbal preparations that worked for about 4 years. Nothing is working for me right now. I blame some of it on menopause. My whole body is changing because of the big M. I am having little or no bowel movements. Enemas do not work. Zelnorm doesn't work. I'm really at wit's end. I have a good diet--lots of fruits and veggies. I eat high-fiber foods and take a fiber supplement. I'm a runner and walker. I drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. So, what is wrong with me???

·
Registered
808 Posts
have you tried those things all at once? I have to take zelnorm , miralax regal nad milk of mag and the combo works well- watery d. but who cares if I go good!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've taken Milk of Mag and Zelnorm, but I don't have a prescription for Miralax. What is Miralax exactly?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hi AB,I know what you mean about menopause. I have also had IBS long term and since menopause, my IBS symptoms have gotten worse. I fluctuate back and forth between C and D. I noticed that for awhile C was much more of a problem than D, but now I am returning to D. I think that I am mostly finished with most of the worst of menopause. I am 61, so it is about time. I still get hot flashes, but even those are better than they were.I know that when my C is bad, I use enemas. I don't do well with laxatives. By the way, welcome.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's interesting, nerfmom, that you have experienced more issues with menopause. I've not had the D type of IBS ever. Sometimes I wish for it, but those who have it would tell me that I'm crazy.Regarding your hot flashes, I found the best product. It's called Transitions by PureEssence Labs. You can get it at some health food stores or on the web. I've not had any hot flashes or night sweats since January when I started taking Transitions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i, too, notice an increase in 'episodes' since the onset of menopause..and now that i'm in the final stages of 'meno..it's even worse..the attacks are much more severe

·
Registered
779 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ABNormal:That's interesting, nerfmom, that you have experienced more issues with menopause. I've not had the D type of IBS ever. Sometimes I wish for it, but those who have it would tell me that I'm crazy.Regarding your hot flashes, I found the best product. It's called Transitions by PureEssence Labs. You can get it at some health food stores or on the web. I've not had any hot flashes or night sweats since January when I started taking Transitions.
Thanks for the info: My hot flashes are much better than they were, so I am just going to continue to tough it out. My hot flashes used to be very bad and I kept a spray bottle close by filled with cool water. But I don't need to do that any more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts