Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm so glad I found this site. I have been reading through some of the posts and your experiences are so similar to mine. It's so nice to know I am not the only one.Can anyone pls tell me what your experience has been with Librax? What sympotms did it relieve for you? What side effects did you have? Has anyone tried Flagyl?One dr. prescribed Bentyl w/ Questrian - nothing, no relief. I can live with my cramps and diarrhea. I am looking to see if anyone found a wonder drug (!) for the gas & "rumblings" and urgency. I am waken two, three, four times during the night. It's embarrassing in meetings to hear my intestines gurgle, having to go to the washroom at work & expelling gas ... I have heard Flagyl helps. Anyone tried this?Thanks for being out there! Peace

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Lisa, this is a comprehensive guide on IBS with a lot of links to it. It has a med chart. There are a few different meds and approaches, but everyone is different with the meds for the most part so it might be trial and error to see what combination of things work for you. http://www.gastro.org/adhf/ibs-guide.html ------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Lisa, this is a comprehensive guide on IBS with a lot of links to it. It has a med chart. There are a few different meds and approaches, but everyone is different with the meds for the most part so it might be trial and error to see what combination of things work for you. http://www.gastro.org/adhf/ibs-guide.html ------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

G

·
Howdy. I've taken Flagyl a couple of times but it never does anything for me. Took Librax a long time ago; it didn't do much either. I currently take Azulfidine, 8 Rx Immodium a day and Belladonna. With all that, I still have 12-13 movements a day as well as intense cramping. I only have gas on occasion but find that OTC Phazyme works well. It might work for you. I'm trying calcium (as of today) and was recently put on a pancreatic enzyme. It seems to be helping (fingers crossed) but has incresed my gas. Good Luck!

G

·
Howdy. I've taken Flagyl a couple of times but it never does anything for me. Took Librax a long time ago; it didn't do much either. I currently take Azulfidine, 8 Rx Immodium a day and Belladonna. With all that, I still have 12-13 movements a day as well as intense cramping. I only have gas on occasion but find that OTC Phazyme works well. It might work for you. I'm trying calcium (as of today) and was recently put on a pancreatic enzyme. It seems to be helping (fingers crossed) but has incresed my gas. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.