Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly I don’t really have any questions per se. I’ve just read other people’s stories and many of them said that just telling their story helped, so here goes. I guess this is how everything started off with me and this whole “fun” thing. I’m currently 25 years old. Every since I was young, I’ve had a mild problem with constipation. Nothing severe enough that required a doctor, just enough that thing would get annoying. Cut to late April, early May of 2009. I was starting to have problems with eating and keeping food down. My stomach didn’t seem to want to accept it and often just rejected it 30 minutes later. I was also extremely fatigued and it took all I had to get around for just a few hours. I contributed it to something I had eaten earlier in the week that was probably in my fridge for too long. After a few days when things didn’t seem to get better I went to the doctor. He couldn’t seem to find anything medically wrong with me and figured it had something to do with stress which I was under heavily at the time. He prescribed me something for the nausea and that seemed to be the end of it. Later in the month I was doing alright but still struggling with mild fatigue. Then kind of suddenly my grandmother passed away which I was told kind of acted like a trigger. Suddenly everything I experienced earlier that month came back tenfold. I felt horrible all the time, basically had to force myself to eat, bloating, gas, the whole gamut. I was sent to a gastroenterologist who recommended that fun little procedure of a colonoscopy as well as an esophageal endoscopy. Part of the reason he proposed this was due to a bloody stool which was later attributed to a broken polyp. I went through everything and was actually feeling little better as a couple weeks prior I had started taking Align. Everything came back normal save for an irritated esophagus which he figured was from all the vomiting that had occurred in recent months. He also said I probably had IBS. Unfortunately though, he kind of just “Take antacids and good luck”. This kind of goes with the problem some people my age have which is a lot of doctors just assumed because of my age, it will work out. I’ve hear from several doctors who just kind of seem to half question me and end it with “Well you’re young so you’ll be fine”. I spent the next six months sifting through conflicting information on the internet, trying pretty everything I could find. I was met with limited success. Every so often I’d feel okay for a couple days but then it’d all come back. My job didn’t help either. I work as a chef which is a very high stress job by nature and involved me tasting food all day, some of which aggravated my IBS to no end. Recently things have gotten much better. I drink weird cocktail of Chinese teas, Align, and essentially listening to my IPOD a majority of the day and this combination for the time being. I’ve also finally gotten my stress more or less under control but still struggle with flair ups every so often. Wow this story became very long very quickly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.