Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new here,i have had ibs-a since my twenties but it was very mild and didnt affect my life that much.That all changed 9 months ago, i had a bad accident in work my left foot got crushed.I found the painkillers they gave me didnt help but a bottle of wine a night did!A few months later i had my first ibs attack, non stop D, pain, fever and dizzyness.Went and seen my GP he said urine infection gave me tablets.Then my brother was rushed into hospital followed my my mother the very next day with a mild heart attack! a couple of days later had a very bad ibs attack seen a different doctor was told i had ibs and was given mevberine and tablets to control the d. Anyway i have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy the biopsy were negative, this thursday i will be having a barium swallow, and a lactose test soon.What i did want to mention is i will also be having a laposcopy (sorry i cant spell)the camera in the stomache in 3 weeks time to check for endromiteries(i know i spelt that wrong)because a lot of my ibs problems are around my period, this is what i have,pain a week before my period, pain during sex,pain for days after sex,very bad pain during my period so bad i cant pass any BM's in the first couple of days the pain is so bad,and a lot of back ache. i will let you know more when i do.sorry about the long post.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi Hope, Yep, it's good that you are getting checked for endo. My IBS acts up a lot round that time of the month so I was checked too, however it came back all clear.Welcome to the boards and good luck with your test

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi joolie and screamer, thanks for your warm welcome.Screamer, i know what you mean, i told my husband not to pin all his hope's on it being endo.I like you suffer from daily pain (thank god for my beloved water bottle!)so i know it could be just ibs.I do miss the old me, that might sound strange to you all,but if i get a good day it reminds me of how much my life has changed. It like im looking through a window into a living room and there i am with my family eating drinking what i want without a care in the world.And there's me outside looking in. I hope i made sense?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
You probably do but I've had IBS as long as I can remember so I don't know what it's like to feel "normal"
I too adore my hot water bottle (well all 5 of them actually
) and hate summer time solely cause it's too hot to have it mashed into my tummy and back!You never know. It might be endo. I was pretty sure mine was which is why I went for the lap. I was almost in tears when my Gyno told me there was nothing wrong with me. It was just another wasted procedure although in hind sight I'm glad I had it cause otherwise I'd always be wondering.I love your nic btw. I've always loved the word "hope". Don't know why. I always wanted to call one of my daughters Hope Leigh, sadly DH didn't like it so maybe in another life
One where I don't have IBS and my husband likes the name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.