Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,I'm new here, I found out I have IBS in December of 09 and I have been trying to ignore it ever since. I have the alternating IBS so I guess I'll be writing on both sides of the forum.Here's what happens to me to give you a bit of background information. I'm sorry if I gross someone out, but I have been looking on the other threads and it seems like the more honest you are, the better the advice is.I'm 20 years old, Female, college student. Overweight, diet is not horrible, but not great either. My problems are too much much fast food not enough veggies. I just all around eat too much at meals and too many sweets.Now for the not so pretty stuff. I alternate between diarrhea and constipation. Right now I'm in the constipation stage. Usually I have constipation for a few days and then I'll have explosive diarrhea to get rid of it all. This time it's different. The only way to explain this is rabbit poop. I poop, but it's not a huge amount and it reminds me very much of rabbit or deer poop. I don't want to jump the gun and get an enema, but is there something I can do to remedy this or should I let it take it's course?thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi guys,I'm new here, I found out I have IBS in December of 09 and I have been trying to ignore it ever since. I have the alternating IBS so I guess I'll be writing on both sides of the forum.Here's what happens to me to give you a bit of background information. I'm sorry if I gross someone out, but I have been looking on the other threads and it seems like the more honest you are, the better the advice is.I'm 20 years old, Female, college student. Overweight, diet is not horrible, but not great either. My problems are too much much fast food not enough veggies. I just all around eat too much at meals and too many sweets.Now for the not so pretty stuff. I alternate between diarrhea and constipation. Right now I'm in the constipation stage. Usually I have constipation for a few days and then I'll have explosive diarrhea to get rid of it all. This time it's different. The only way to explain this is rabbit poop. I poop, but it's not a huge amount and it reminds me very much of rabbit or deer poop. I don't want to jump the gun and get an enema, but is there something I can do to remedy this or should I let it take it's course?thanks
mine took this form before taking movicol which hydrates the stools so i suspect this would be a case of not enough fibre or water,certainly if you are going to have more fibre in your diet i would introduce it slowly and make sure you have extra water with it.i have recently taken to having a litre of water when i wake up and that seems to be helping a little.good luck with it anyway and dont worry about being candid,itd be a pointless forum if noone wanted to describe their symptoms properly and we all have them here

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.