Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Natalie, im 19.. married with 2 kids, Kole (2), Lydia 1 month. I live in Louisville KY (my intro) lolIve had IBS since i was 7 years old. I have to say my IBS wasnt as mad as it is now
only hurt like twice a month, NOW it is everyday 24/7.I ended up dropping out of highschool when i was 15 because i just couldnt get through the day there.. i was going in late (even as late as 5th period and there was only 7!!) or leaving as early as JUST getting there. Its been in the way of my whole life... When i was little i would go to birthday parties and sleep overs and have to go home early... or not at all.
DIdnt help that i was VERY shy. Ive been on all kinds of medicine none worked... had so many test done, alergie test, upper GI, colonoscopy (spelling?). ALL THAT. Only thing that has EVER helped was my moms nerve pills (she would only give me when it was REALLY REALLY BAD) Clonzepens. They work JUST like that.. but make me so sleepy.Well that was a bit of background... i just had a baby January 14th and i have to say during my pregnancy my IBS was GREAT only hurt maybe 10 times my last 3 months (hurt really bad in the begining) I got to eat what i wanted.. do what i wanted without worrying it was so great.. i have to say i got used to it
2 weeks after i had her, the pain came back with a vengeance. It has hurt EVERYDAY and NOTHING is helping NOTHING I cannot eat now
or even drink anything but water and it STILL HURTS. Everything that used to calm it down wont!
(except i dont live with my mom anymore so i havent had any of her pills) Only thing that has calmed it down is my husbands vicodin. Which i took because i needed relief to take care of my toddler and newborn. He only had 4 left from his injury in the past though and i took them all in a week... and now im just in pain NO relief and always going to the bathroom... my poor kids if no one is around Kole has to be locked into his room so he doesnt do anything to my daughter and she gets left in the livingroom... and it just hurts me more to hear them both crying for me while im on the toilet in pain. I dont know what to do anymore.. my husband has no sympathy for me, hes tired of hearing "my stomach hurts" Hes heard it the whole 4 years we have been together so i guess id be sick of being turned down for everything with that same saying... Now we are going on vacation to florida in a week FOR a week... with another couple (his friends) and i feel like im going to ruin the whole vacatoin because of my stomach
we are driving there and i dont know how to handle it.. i know they will always stop for fast food and im just going to starve or something... i havent eaten right I just ate today but i went 2 days yesterday because of it. I know they wont be sympathic either.. they will be mad if i end up getting sick. I might as well not even go
I cant go to the dr. till my husband leaves for basic march 20th and we get our insurance, but i havent been to the dr for it since i was 17 right after i had my son. I was put on something that of course never worked.I told them how my moms pills worked (nerve pills) and he said he couldnt because i was under age and im hoping when i DO get to go to the dr i will be able to actually get some... till then i just dont know what to do.. but i feel like im about ot have a break down.. im just tired of not being to do what i want to do with my life BECAUSE of it, and when i was pregnant and got a taste of life without it just kills me!!!!Someone please give me some advice
I just dont know what to do anymore.. im tired of living off water.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Natalie;I'm sorry to hear of your situation, but am glad you found this board. Until you get to the dr, the only thing I could suggest to you for your Florida trip would be to take Immodium as a preventative. Before you leave for the drive, take some and that should help you get through the trip. Peppermint candy, like Altoids, have helped people with their stomach pains.There is a lot of good information on here. Read up and hopefully you will find some other things that could help you out also. Good luck and we are here for you!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Your actually in a bad situation here.First have your husband read this along with you.http://hopkins-gi.nts.jhu.edu/pages/latin/...se=43&lang_id=1He needs to understand and take your situation seriously. In fact that is not helping you out and causing even more stress.It also sounds like your having antisipatory anxeity about the trip, which is understandable, but a problem and that is also putting you in the fight or flight mode, which is a known trigger for IBS.IBS is treatable.Hopefully you can see a doctor soon. Horomones can sometimes help or trigger IBS as well.There is also something called the vicious cycle. You might want to read this also.http://ibsgroup.org/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f...261/m/565107982

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I think somehow you need to get him to take you seriously. Perhaps in a doctors office if you need too.I would also mention to him to get interested if he loves you and wants to help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.