Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just found this site today (thank goodness) and I need some answers.I've had problems for years. I go 4 days sometimes without having a BM. I constantly have gas no matter what I eat. My stomach always feels bloated and always makes digestive noises. I'm at my wits end. I recently re-married and I'm not really comfortable talking to him about it just yet. I know - silly! I bought a detox kit and I just started it this morning. I hope it brings good results but I'm a little skeptical since this has been a life-time thing for me.Has it worked for any of you? If not, is there anything else you could suggest?Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like me! It's very hard to tell gfs about my problem but if we're in love in the grand picture it's not a big deal.. to her. Well at least that's how I like to think of it as. I've also tried the 7days total body cleanse from GNC and I felt absolutly great! Somedays I'd have gas that smelled like the awful pills! But it felt like overall less cramps less gas and less C. Since then I've been on fiber and probiotics with mixed results.. Good Luck to you.

·
Registered
808 Posts
sarasota, check the constipation specific board- theres lots you can try to get regular bms- were all different but there are alot of things to try. I swear by milk of mag, miralax and zelnorm. oh , I also take a motility drug, reglan.its alot of meds but Im under control and feel good most of the time. am somewhat bloated but not extreme like some folks suffer.most of my gas is late afternoon up till bedtime but the next morning after I go good, Im ok.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi, I'll tell you what worked for me: I tried a detox too, but i'd try out wheat/gluten intolerances first, I cannot stress how important that is. If this is the problem, you see, you can go straight away to tackling the problem instead of upsetting your stomach even more with harsh detoxes and products that don't work well for you. For gas, I found that using grape fruit seed extract worked for me for yeast/candida "die-offs" or at least I think that's what it was all about, but either way it helped me have less G and I felt better overall aftwards. It's not that expensive,but be sure to get a good brand- i relied on G.S.E., but then I bought a different brand while out of town and it didn't do anything for me at a time when I needed saving very badly!! Also, I tried the colonix program and I think that detox really helped clear me out. My BM's are much better these days, but I'm not quite sure if it re-messed my stomach up gas-wise. Gas is still better than before, but it was almost completely cured after I had eliminated gluten products, then went to being better than much earlier but still worse than after gluten elimination. Probiotics didn't do anything for me hardly, but I guess it depends on the brand quite significantly. I have heard that Rueteri has worked quite a bit on some. That, by the way is a potent strain of probiotic, so be careful with it. Also, I have heard dandelion tea and milk thistle products are good for gas. Aloe vera juice is natural, but don't take too much it will make you have D, however it gets things moving along and will help to internally heal internal wounds. Some people have magnesium deficiencies, google that and see if you have the symptoms. I have heard it before but now believe it more than ever now: coffee and wine are strong irritants. Avoid beer! I need my coffee though, and both alcohol and coffee are diuretics.. the morning after I drink alcohol, I always have to GO GO Go! And an hour after I drink coffee, I always have to go a half an hour later. BM's are usually stronger in the mornings, so in the morning try to get things going by drinking water, smelling food or eating first thing, even if it's a tiny bit while you're getting used to your new routine. Even just smelling food is the beginning of the digestive process and will get things going. I like to drink coffee in order to make myself go along with water in the morning, but if you do this, I would reccomend taking magnesium as well. Drink plenty of water and remember that bloating and distension are not necessarily due to gas, it's most likely because you are having a bad reaction to the foods you are eating, that's why I would check out the gluetn intolerance thing. People with glueten sensitivity are called Celiac's and they have celiac disease. This is a disease wherein even a gram of gluten will flatten the entire lining of the gut, and ANY damage done will start the healing process all over again so if you screw up, you're back to square one. Wheat products are in like, eveything and the FDA doesn't make 'them' list all the ingredients. Natural flavoring often means gluten is in it. Check that out, but also remember to see a doctor about this who specializes in the gastro field. There may be a solution for your problem i.e. diagnosing you as having something else besides i.b.s. or prescribing medicine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.