Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I am new to this message board and just found out that I had colitis. Since I was just diagnosed my doctor said I can eat anything. The problem is that some things cause more pain then others but I don't know what causes the problems. I read that Oatmeal in the morning isnt bad..so is there anything that I should absolutly avoid? I have been diagnosed a month ago and already fed up...

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
At least some of the eating for IBS sorts of advice may be appropriate for colitis because somethings tend to cause diarrhea and that would be a problem for you as well.Some people when they are having a flare up of the inflamation find fiber of any kind irritating. If you find you are in one of those spells check out this http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs02.htm www....com has a lot of good info on what tends to be bothersome for IBSers and it maybe worth trying to follow some of those guidelines and see if that helps.Good luck
K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.