Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am 19 yrs. old and just got diagnosed with IBS. Doctor didn't say much except I have to avoid nearly every food and take metamucil every day. I feel kinda embarassed about having this because it seems like I am always sick. I had my gaulbladder removed in November and then I was diagnosed with endometriosis and now IBS. I am not really sure what to do right now I do want to feel better and would really love any tips on eating or just in general things to do to help these symptoms. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hormones can greatly affect IBS. Once your endometriosis is under better control you will begin to feel better. Too much going on at once. No wonder you feel depressed. It will get better. Be patient with yourself and you will feel better. It is no fun. I suffered from age 15 until now and I am 41. It does get better. Don't drink alcohol and watch your diet. It will begin to help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hell and welcome. Im new here too 27m, everyone here is really nice amd helpful feel free to email me any time to talk, we all know how much this sucks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Know what you are going through....this group is great we're all in this together so to speak just get lots of reading material and put it in your library! Right after my gallbladder surgery I got IBS worse then I had before. I feel like I have two bladders because no hard stuff comes out the back anymore and I eat healthy Weight Watchers but feel I should be only 95 lbs the way everything goes through me.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Shy - mine started 2 - 3 weeks after gall bladder surgery. No problems before so I'm positive it's the excess bile that has no where to go but out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.