Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been passing a lot of mucus at times when I have BMs. For the past few days, I have been noticing some blood with the mucus. One of the days, I felt like I had to go several times, but only passed pinkish mucus that looked to have small amounts of blood with it. My doctor said I may have IBS, although I hardly ever have cramping or diarriha, but do have little constipation and usually hard stools. Just wondering if the blood in the mucus was at all normal of IBS?? It is so gross and it is not easy to talk about. I will be having a consultation next week and a colonoscopy sometime after that. Thanks for any responses..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, mucus is a common occurence with IBS. I sometimes have blood in my stools but it mostly comes from the hemorroids. I have cramping and loose stools and constipation but never hard stools. I know it's not easy to talk about but it helps if you do find someone that has common symptoms. Hang in there! I have dealt with IBS for 30+ years!!! Judy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.