Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

New Here!

375 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  zbellman@hotmail.com 
Hi Palie Dee, I've been struggling with this for about 6 months, now. Havent said a word to anyone....I just hoped it would pass(no pun intended). Last night my belly gave me hell all night and I must have made 20 trips to the bathroom. Enough, Ive had a gutful of this, so this morning I went to see my local chemist and just explained my problem. He has given me some Loperamide Hydrochloride capsules (to be used sparingly). Plus a a bottle of dietary supplement capsules called IBS SUPPORT. He was very confident that it would help and he wants an update on my condition. I've only started today so I can't reccommend at this stage. For info www.ethicalnutrients.com.au I'm new to all this and I never get sick and to think I have IBS just freaks me out. I think that's why I had this attitude, that it would all just go away. Talk about' Having your head in the sand'.

Hi Jannybitt, It's just after 4pm dowm here and I've had the stomach pains all day along with the diarrhoea. It's been something of a concern and puzzle to me for about 6 months now. Because it comes and goes. When I went into the chemist this morning, he seemed to know what I was on about. (I didn't). The only meds he gave me was something to clear up the diarrhhoea.Hard core meds have to have a prescription by a doctor in Australia. He also gave me a dietary supplement that assists in the management of IBS. I jumped on to this site www.ethicalnutrients.com.au and it describes to a tee, what I have.(the mystical symptoms that seem to come & go). If nothing changes, I will be off to see my Doc. So far I've noticed that anything at all sets it off. Going for a walk to having a glass of beer to eating a meal. Like I said,this whole thing came from no where and it would come & go.....very strange,indeed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.