Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I just wanted to say hi and share what i have been through over the past year and a half. I was diagnosed with IBS after i had a colonoscopy and laporoscopy (cant spell sorry) and nothing was shown so it was put down to IBS. I suffered from and still do sometimes chronic abdominal pain, diareah, bloating, wind and high anxiety. I have been seeing a natropath who has put me on slippery elm tablets before each meal, acidophilus powder, enzyme tablets and a few other things hehe. I have found her a great help but i still suffer every now and again with abdominal pain that pain killers tend to get rid of and lately ive had bad flatulence problems. I dont eat any wheat as i have coeliacs and no dairy as im intolerent. Has anyone got any theories as to why ive still got the pain and wind? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome, I am new also. I was diagnosed with IBS 3 months ago, my only symptom however is extreme bloating. I am allergic to dairy and intolerant to wheat (not fun huh?). I'm not sure what your food intake is at this point, but I have noticed with me that beans and peanuts really make my tummy upset. Take a look at what your diet is like now and do some research on foods. Best of Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi runner girlI steer clear of nuts and beans I basically eat things that are nut, dairy and gluten free. I supose I would say I am almost on a vegan diet only i still eat meat so that doesnt really make sense
Thanks for the reply to my post though

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Runnergirl;Your only symptom is extreme bloating and you were diagnosed with IBS? You could easily have been misdiagnosed. If that is your only symptom, you probably do not have it. Here is a link that might give you some more info. on IBS. and how they diagnose it.http://www.aboutibs.org/characteristics.htmlI would definitely get a second opinion if it were me. Just a suggestion!
Kimbaz;I'm at a loss what to suggest to you because you are on several different herbal supplements. What you could possibly do is use the search function to see if you can find anything that would help you! Good luck to you, also and welcome both of you to the board!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kimbaz,I am also new here. I have been suffering from IBS for 15 years plus now. I can say from experience that sometimes when your stomach wants to be upset it doesn't matter what you take or eat to try and calm it. I would make a guess and say you are still learning what all your triggers are or could be. Something I had to do was make a list of what I was eating throughout the course of a week. And then I would mark down times my stomach was getting upset and cramps were starting up. This helped me figure out what foods and drinks were affecting me. I started simplifying my diet and then individually adding things to it and seeing if those foods or drinks were upsetting me or not. Basically like a school science project. LOL! In all seriousness the pain will come and go. Sometimes are better than others. I will say that when you find something that works for you stay with it. Depending on the severity of your condition some medicines may not do you any good. I personally was beyond the point of any type of normal treatment when I went to the doctor ( I waited a long time before I went). Each person is different and only you know what bothers you and what doesn't. Something that I have noticed over the last year or so is during and after each meal I would start to swell up and become bloaded. This was shortly followed by cramps and eventually I found myself in the bathroom. Some days and meals were better than others. This is all part of our lovely condition. Time will tell what works for you or doesn't. I wish you the best. If you want to read my story I posted it under the topic "I think I am too young for this."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.