Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I'm new to the boards and wondered if anybody else has had this problem. I am a 28 year old male who just moved to a new home. But ever since I moved out of my new home, I haven't been able to go to the bathroom properly without the use of laxatives. This has been going on for almost 2 months straight now. Once in a while I can go, but I have to strain and the stool is really thin and small. I've had bouts of this before in my life, and they usually centered around uncomfortable situations or moving. This is the most stressful time in my life right now, so I'm wondering if this break from the usual mold is what is causing the constipation. It seems like every weekend I have to take magnesium citrate to empty myself out properly, then I restart the week again eating as less as possible so I don't fill up too fast. I've been practicing relaxation techniques, but I'm not sure if thats really helping. Anybody else been in this kind of situation or have any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Hi Hero, Stress always makes my C worse so I try to keep on top of things by taking magnesium daily and zelnorm (zelmac). For instance I am having company who is going to spend the night tonight and altho I don't feel particularly anxious I know it will affect my bowels tomorrow morning! So I'll plan accordingly and take extra magnesium (oxide--capsules) tonight. The bathroom thing always throws me while away from home. I wonder if your body and mind are just trying to get used to things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys!I appreciate the input! I took some magnesium citrate on the weekend, and I hope I can go normally from now on, but I'm sure that won't be the case. I think it is definitely linked to feeling "at home" but how do you solve a problem that is linked to something that can't be fixed right away? I mean, will I not be able to go to the bathroom with my body's own volition until I adapt to my new surroundings? That could take months, and I've already had this for almost 2 months straight! Sorry to unload, but I feel like I just need to get my concern out. Any other thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you so much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.