Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is caleb and I'm 19 just diagnosed IBS two weeks ago and am still haveing troubles. I'm constantly cramping and feels like I have a belt wrapped real tight around me. Been nauseous and back and forth between some formed stools and diarhea. It feels like I am playing a game with my meds, not knowing if something is going to work for me or not. I reacently got put on some new ones, Levsin and Lomotil, which the Levsin is feeling like it is helping my cramps better the Lomotil isn't taking care of the looses stool. Heat helps but more so just feels good. is there and tips or tricks or is this just it???

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Nope, there's so many things to try! Try not to feel disheartened and just remember that there won't be an overnight cure. You need to give the meds the doctor has put you on a little bit of time to work. If you're still feeling this badly in a few weeks go back to him/her and tell them that you're not feeling any better and they'll most likely try a different combination.Hang in there and glad you found us!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey there... you have to be patient and learn a lot by you own experience.there's a variety of things to try but you have to get to learn how you react to different things and what maeks you feel better and helps you in cramps and other symptoms.hope you cope well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.