Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Welcome UKCassy, Your doctor mentioned starches, but are you cuttiing out all sugars? If you are still drinking fruit juices, sodas, coffee, and alcohol, and dairy with high milk sugars- try stopping these. That helped my bloating problem immensely. I had cut all the elastic on my waste-bands to relieve the pressure. Now I no longer have to do that. I'm afraid that leaves pretty much filtered water and tea. You can eat some fresh fruit though. When you cut out the starches, don't cut out your wholegrains, unless you think they are really the problem. Instead of the Metamucil, you could try ground flax seed meal mixed in with your hot cereal in the morning; or eat a dish of hot oat bran cereal. Follow this with a nice warm cup of herbal tea. Really works wonders for my "C". Don't forget to drink a lot of water throughout the day when you are taking fiber, otherwise it'll sit in your colon like a lump! If your stool is hard and constipated, instead of the sennecot, try some cascara (a natural stool softener) to get you over the hump until hopefully your diet works for you. Perhaps adding some of the heart-healthy oils in your diet could help too.------------------

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.