Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've had IBS since age 8 ( in 50's now) started as C and is now D or alternating. I've always had bad cramping before bowel movement --either formed and then rush of D or just D. Since menopause it's been constant changing movements, but not cramping. 3 months ago I started having abdominal pains in center and now mostly right side upper and lower- dull, achy and pressure. I've also started with lots of burps and flatulence. That has disapated with now occasional burping and passing gas. I have GERD on meds and have fibroids. Have just had pelvic ultrasound awaiting results. Had two clear/no polyp colonoscopues at age 42 and 46 due to bleeding hemorrhoids. Have had past ultrasounds, CT scans, MRI, Gastric testing in 40s and all pointed to dx of IBS. Have had the blood colon testing every year at GYN appt and always negative.

I have awakened thru the years a few times with IBS. I've awakened the last couple of months a few times with stomach pain- aches- not IBS cramping and have had a bowel movement.

I'm worried this isn't IBS and I have something more serious. I'm just headed down the investigation road but my anxiety is getting the best of me. Does IBS change? Can you have abdominal pain instead of just extreme intestinal cramping?

Thanks in advance. Please help with some experience or ideas.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh yes, IBS can change. Mine did several times.

Plus if you are going through menopause, your hormone levels are fluctuating a lot, which can create gas, bloating and abdominal pain - even in someone who doesn't have IBS.

Get it checked out if you are particularly worried, but it could well be hormonal.

You may find that a liver detox may help calm things down a little. This is why: https://sickofibs.com/ibs-symptoms/your-liver/

Hope this helps,

Alison:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your reply. My pelvic ultrasound came back fine- I guess the next stop is the Gastro to investigate colon cancer or rectal cancer. I have such pressure there it has to be something. I really appreciate your reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts