Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
probably IBS-C
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I got IBS a month or so ago after I had cellulitis, a bacterial infection in my right index finger. Tennis is my main profession and lifestyle so i was unable to play for 3 months. Was on 4 different antibiotics within a 19 day period. 4 months to the day, I started having abdominal issues, so after being on the BRAT diet as my PCP recommended, I started doing my own research. I started daily probiotics, aloe vera juice and went to a dietician, who said my issue was totally from the antibiotics. I already eat a very healthy plant based diet. I started doing the low FODMAP diet and was gotten great results, finally. I am now taking digestive enzymes. I have lost energy on the tennis court on the days I do have a bowel movement. My main question is: how long does it take your system to start having daily bowel movements? Right now I basically have a BM every other day. I am guessing my system should get better in the next 4 weeks, but was hoping to get others' opinions. I do not plan on being tested or seeing a GI doctor unless this continues longer than 8-10 weeks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts