Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have been away for awhile but im back with some possible new ideas about "LG"I want to do a little study that will definately help solve the LG mystery & put an end to our misery!!!!!
I want to see how many of us share the same symptoms/problems..... if we all share at least one common problem it could give us something to work with in trying to solve the LG problem. PLEASE respond & give me a list of any & all of your symptoms - no matter how small. Below are my symptoms:lower back painleft side painconstipation - so bad I have to manually remove feces occasionally (I know thats disgusting....sorry!)burning/moist feeling in anus with fecal odorreoccurring yeast infections gas & bloatinggreen stools (which may be a sign of bacteria overgrowth)mucus in stools(which may be yeast overgrowth)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mandabell25,That's a great idea. Hopefully we can finally say goodbye to this dreaded mystery.My symptons:-chronic constipation-mucus in stools (alot - sometimes have passed what is called mucoid plaque)-gas and bloating (not all the time)-incomplete evac-weakened rectum/spincter region-undigested foodFood intolerance test:yeast, cows milk, eggs (major ones)carrots, wheat, rice, tomato, ginger, some shelfish, cola nut, oats and another 2 (which I have forgotton)I've seen a nutritionist for about 8 months and now she feels that she can't elimate parasites as a cause. So that could be a possibily. She has never thought that I have candida because I don't have many of the symptons (i've always thought that it could be this)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone help....new member today.I am 59 years old and for many years i have had wetnes around my rectum but recently seems to be getting worse. I am staining clothes , bedsheets and wearing light coloured trousers is a no no. On holidays i have resorted to wrapping toilet tissue and placing between rectum cheeks to avoid wetness stains on clothes.It's there when I get up and is resulting in a bit of a night mare as my girl friend has noticed its stains on clothes and bedsheets.Sometimes i am completely dry and then for no reason to me I am wet.Any ideas guys

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:I want to see how many of us share the same symptoms/problems..... if we all share at least one common problem it could give us something to work with in trying to solve the LG problem. PLEASE
Unfortunately, your ideas aren't going to get off the ground. First, there must be criteria to establish who has leaky gas and who doesn't. For some people, it may mean they think they are leaking odoriferous gas when there isn't actually gas present. For others, they do report an odor, but even so, they may not actually be leaking gas from the intestinal tract. Until people who claim to have leaky gas get themselves into a laboratory to be tested to establish who has what, the responses posted will largely be random from people who varying different conditions and it's even possible that not a one of them has "leaky gas"!
quote:reen stools (which may be a sign of bacteria overgrowth)
It is?
quote:-undigested food
That's normal.
quote:nutritionist for about 8 months and now she feels that she can't elimate parasites as a cause.
A real doctor could do it in a week.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Put me down for constipation/incomplete evacuation.Only problem is finding a doctor/lab that will take you seriously enough to run tests after telling them that you experience a constant fecal odor due to constipation and incomplete evacuation. The most I could get out of them so far was "try metamucil" and a referral to a psychiatrist.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Coloncombat, the gi doctor that I went to said I should try getting more fiber. I never mentioned the LG as I'm already seeing a shrink. I have a colonscopy coming up and hopefully I can find out something that will help me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can anyone help....new member today.I am 59 years old and for many years i have had wetnes around my rectum but recently seems to be getting worse. I am staining clothes , bedsheets and wearing light coloured trousers is a no no. On holidays i have resorted to wrapping toilet tissue and placing between rectum cheeks to avoid wetness stains on clothes.It's there when I get up and is resulting in a bit of a night mare as my girl friend has noticed its stains on clothes and bedsheets.Sometimes i am completely dry and then for no reason to me I am wet.Any ideas guys
Its prob from internal hemorrhoids. Try doing a warm sitz bath with alum granules at least once a day and start taking a Chinese medicine Fargelin (I take Plum Flower Brand).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.