Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone, I just started a new job in a new city after a year of unemployment and have noticed my D is a lot worse than usual. For myself, D is usually worsened when I am fatigued from daily activities and food triggers. From your experiences, does the D get a bit better once the body adjusts to a full days worth of work again after sitting at home for a year? Also, being in another city and living with a distant relative, I do feel the stress of not being able to control what I eat. Furthermore, there is a lot of pressure to keep this job since the market isn't good, so again there is stress from that. I usually am able to maintain my symptoms through diet, but with the current situation I've been trying to take calcium. It's been two days in and I don't see it helping at all. I'll continue taking it to see how things go though. I've got dicetel in my back pocket in case I need it, but I rather not have to use that unless I have to. I've also suffered from chronic fatigue like symptoms for the past 6 months, but haven't been diagnosed officially. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
New job... new living arrangement... new location... Ahhh YES!!>>> I'd say those are ALL probably on the top 10 stressors list. So, sure expect some increases in symptoms for a bit and as you adjust to everything.. you can probably expect them to decrease once again. If you have dietary restrictions .. (aka known trigger foods... share that with your distant relative and also try to buy foods yourself that you know are ok for you. Prepare them maybe on the weekend (or a day off) and freeze so you can do an easy re-heat during the week. You could try preparing some for your relative too!Also do any & all stress relievers that you know can help you feel calm & relaxed! Get a walk in or some other light exercise. Just get outside in general... that in and of itself can distract you away from thinking about all the stress!Dont' hassle the small stuff. Let all the petty worries & concerns go... you sure don't need that now. For me.. another really easy thing to do to help myself when I'm super stressed is to practice gratitude; think about what I am grateful for often during the day.Give yourself a break... this is a huge adjust time! :)And try to keep in mind... "this too shall pass". There will come a day.. soon.. when you are feeling "at home"!Congrats on the job and wish you much continued success!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone, I just started a new job in a new city after a year of unemployment and have noticed my D is a lot worse than usual. For myself, D is usually worsened when I am fatigued from daily activities and food triggers. From your experiences, does the D get a bit better once the body adjusts to a full days worth of work again after sitting at home for a year? Also, being in another city and living with a distant relative, I do feel the stress of not being able to control what I eat. Furthermore, there is a lot of pressure to keep this job since the market isn't good, so again there is stress from that. I usually am able to maintain my symptoms through diet, but with the current situation I've been trying to take calcium. It's been two days in and I don't see it helping at all. I'll continue taking it to see how things go though. I've got dicetel in my back pocket in case I need it, but I rather not have to use that unless I have to. I've also suffered from chronic fatigue like symptoms for the past 6 months, but haven't been diagnosed officially. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Chronic fatigue? Have you been tested for candida overgrowth? That might be something to consider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.