Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
uuuugggh, I have a chance to take a new job with more money and it seems like something I'd really like. The problem of course is my D. Right now I have access to a bathroom whenever I need it and it's a single bathroom, no one coming in on you. It's pretty sad to be 39 years old and have a great job come up and have to be worried about this instead of excited.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
This came on me in my 40s and lasted into my 50s, so I know what you mean about being pretty sad to be 39 with this. There are things you maybe ought to try, such as Caltrate, the hypnotism (Mike's Tapes), Questran, or my flavonoids. I know when I stopped having D it was like a rebirth. It would be awful to put up with this if one of these treatments works for you.Good luck and welcome.Mark

·
Registered
143 Posts
They are building a new building where I am working. Yesterday, my boss got a chance to see the new layout. The first thing I asked him was "Where is the bathroom in relation to where my desk is going to be?"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Going and gone...I just posted this in my thread about lotronex and lomotil. Thought I'd add my two cents on how I know EXACTLY what you're going through! I'm 30, would love to afford a new house...and with the new job, could definitely get one on my own. But I work in a lab and have 100% access to great bathrooms (which have AMAZING flush capacity...if you guys know what I'm talking about)...here's a 'clip' from my other post to tell you what I'm possibly going to be doing job wise. "And I just applied for a new job (which is 20K more a year! and which I've been told I have in the bag) that is 98% of the time out in the field and driving (MY WORST NIGHTMARE IF I CAN'T TAKE THE LOTRONEX!) I'd basically be going to superfund sites all day long collecting soil samples, ground and surface water samples as well as collecting well water from residents that live around superfund sites. Obviously I'm freaking out that all of a sudden I can't take the lotronex and I'm on the verge of not taking the job because everything is in limbo right now.I'm leary of taking so many lomotil because I'm already feeling loopy and I need to drive a lot (and I'm obviously dealing with hazardous waste everyday).Thanks for your help and letting me vent.Kim ***and I forgot to say that these superfund sites are ususally in the boondocks and there is no bathroom there. Can i get a collective "holy ####!" from all you guys who understand what that means for me?"Good luck!Kim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts