Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here the link for this product in spray.
Apparently,I,II,III stage have been done but why nobody talk about that?
I'm tired of working on my ibs quest.

· Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

· Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct me if i'm wrong,the main component is Belladona alkanoids.

· Registered
457 Posts
It's just a different delivery system for Hyoscyamine sulfate (Levsin). You spray it up your nose instead of dissolving it under your tongue. I used to take levsin but never got much relief from it. It's really not a new drug - just a repackaged old one.

· Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the letter i receive from the company.Dear Mr. Frank:We do not have any research on this product, as IB-Stat (hyoscyamine) was marketed pursuant to FDA's current policies for drugs in the "Drug Efficacy Study Implementation"(DESI) program for pre 1962 drugs and related products. A variety of hyoscyamine products were marketed prior to 1962 and many remain on the market, includingLevsin Elixir, Levsin SL, and NuLev. Therefore I do not have any research to send to you or your physician.Please discuss any personal questions with your physician. IB Stat is a prescription drug and we do not send samples to patients, nor do we sendsamples out of the country. IB Stat does not cure irritable bowel but is a convenient alternative in the management of IBS symptoms. Since Paladin Labs in Canada will be handling Visicol ( Diacol) in the near future, they may have further information for you. I am sorry but that is all the informationI can provide.Sincerely:Roseann Barrera, RN, MSNManager, professional Services

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.