Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,Just found this board yesterday...what a relief. I'm not the only one out there "living" on Imodium (loperamide). I've just been officially diag. with IBS-D after suffering for 20 yrs. Started in my early 20s, now 43, and so embarrassed that I never confronted it medically. Colonoscopy and biopsies all normal; GI discourages so much loperamide use (and I believe I'm becoming somewhat immune to its effects) and has recommended Citrucel and an rx called Robinul. Read all messages...no one mentioned it. Anyone heard of it? Any experience and/or adivce?I take the loperamide on an "as needed" basis; a usual dose for me is 4 and I'm "normal" (whatever that is) for 4 or 5 days...then it's back to it. Wondering if I'd be better taking 2 each morning as some people do? The D is definitely worse with my cycle...GI said that's common. There are usually two precious weeks a month when I am perfect...comfortable, no urgency, no fear of leaving the house without dosing myself with lop. first. Living this way is what really made me finally see a dr. The fear of "it" happening on a long car ride, at a family party or out to dinner with my husband...it was/is controlling my life.Is there anything out there that can just slow it all down and make life normal, taking the constant worry away? Read such good things about Lotronex, but GI says it's off the market because nursing homes started giving it like candy and a few elderly women bloated up and died of ischemic colitis...definitely prescribed incorrectly ruins it for those of us who need it.Anyway, thanks for listening and any info on the Robinul would be appreciated. Haven't filled the rx yet...curious about what I can expect.Best wishes to all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts