Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member, but have had IBS since I was in college. I have been to several doctors and ruled out any other problems and even tried some prescription drugs for a short while. My main problem is a common one I think: I usually make several trips to the bathroom every day (or none for days) and when I need to go it is URGENT and never "normal." I had a couple questions:1. Has anyone had sucess with a certain diet or tried any if the suggestions in the book,"Listen to your gut?"I have tried alot of the diets and food suggestions out there, but have not had much luck.And I would like to find a combination that allows me to have some of my favorite vices (ie chocolate and alcohol) once in a while without screwing up my entire "schedule" for the next month!2. I have been trying to get into a yoga workout for a while....have any of you found this helpful or any other alternative treatments like acupuncture helpful with relaxing you and your gut?I appreciate any advice you may have for me!Thanks!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
ella - hopefully others will answer your diet questions. Personally, I've never found the answer there - when I'm doing well, I can eat just about anything.as for alternative methods, I've been using hypnotherapy for about a year. I learned about it here on the board and use "Mike's Tapes" which is a nickname for a IBS specific therapy. It's a 100 day course you use at home with tapes. It's been really helpful for me - I use it in combination with calcium/magneisum supplements and fber and am doing better than I have in years.There is a forum for Cognitive Behavioral Therapry and Hypno -check the Hop to boxnancy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts