Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by my doctor about a year ago that I have IBS. Mine is more D than anything and horrible stomach cramps. There are nights that I lay in bed and cry just wishing that the pain would just go away! I was also diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks at the same time as IBS. I know that stress does act mine up. I am trying to get off of Paxil right now so the IBS has gotten worse. I have done the whole Immodium thing and it helps a little for me. The dr put me on Bentyl 3 times a day and that seems to be helping some now. I do have a question about calcium though...is Caltrate the only thing to take? I know that my mom takes Viactive and was wondering if that does the same thing as I can take some of hers and see if it helps me but I don't want to make things worse! Has anyone found anything to help the pain that goes along with this? I'm in the process of trying to figure out what my trigger food are now. I have lots more reading to do on this subject since there is a lot of info out there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.