Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,My names Sam, i'm 35 years old and i live in the UK.I started experiencing IBS symptoms at the end of christmas 2008. Before this period i used to got to the toilet for a BM 3 to 4 times a day, but i just thought that was normal for me, which it was. I should also tell you that i have suffered with severe clinical depression since my early teens. I also have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), Anxiety, Morbid Obesity and i'm also practically housebound due to all of these things. It is important i tell you of these things because i now believe that the depression and my emotional state had a very big part to play in the change from normal BM's to the IBS related BM. I also have IBS - A, i hope i have got that right. I have been reading a few posts and i'm getting used to the abbreviated words. I go from constipation to Diarrhea. My BM are also a bright yellow in colour when i have diarrhea. I also have abdominal pain on a daily basis which goes from a mild discomfort to a more painful aching and at night, (depending on which side of my abdomen the pain is) i can't lay on that side. I also suffer with a lot of nausea, almost everyday. Some days i feel so ill with the symptoms i just have to go to bed and just lay there. I am so sorry this introduction is so long
Anyway back to how it all started. My father fell ill in September 2008, he was on his way home one Thursday in September. He had been to the shop. I was the only person in the house apart from my mother who was in bed laying down. My mother is 73 years old and not in the best of health. i actually saw someone come up the path and didn't realise it was my dad, i thought it was the postman. Anyway 5 minutes later the front door opened but nobody came in so i rushed to the door and it was my dad, he had collapsed and was sitting on the step. To cut this story short.....i got him in the house with the help of a neighbour, he could not stand on his own and he could not talk either. I rushed up stairs to tell mom, i had to break it to her so gently, i said that dad was home and not to worry but hes not very well. Mom came down and we phoned the Ambulance because we could not get him to tell us what was wrong or if he was in pain. Anyway he was taken to hospital and the next day we were told he had lung cancer, a tumor on the brain and cancer in top lining of his stomach. On 19th January 2009 my dad died. We had no idea that he was so ill, he was such a hardy man. Shrugged of colds and the flu and just got on with things. It was such a blow to the entire family. Well i now believe that this was infact what started off my IBS. Right after this all happened i started getting Diarrhea very badly. My health just went down hill and i have not been the same mentally or physically since. My doctor diagnosed me sometime in July last year with IBS, he gave me (Loperamide) Imodium for my diarrhea and i was taking 6 - 8 a day and then 2 months ago i fell really poorly and the doctor thought that maybe i had taken to many Imodium and he told me that i may have a loaded bowel. I have since stopped taking the imodium and now only have one if i get severe diarrhea. Since i fell really poorly i have started to get constipation aswell and when i try for a BM i get severe pain in my rectum and lower abdomen.So that is my story....so sorry it's so long. Thank you for having me and just reading the stories over the past day as made me realise i am not alone in all of this!Sam x x x

1 - 1 of 1 Posts