Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi allI'm Nick, a 24/ male and my symptoms are as followsI Need to pass stool anywhere from 3 to 7 or more times a day. It is usually associated with some urgency and abdominal pain, which goes after I have gone to the toilet. I frequently need to go shortly after eating. Most of the time the stools are type 6. The local doctors have been next to useless, they did however do stool and blood tests which were apparently clear. I dont know if it is related, but I also suffer from fatigue, sometimes depression, and have an itchy rash on my stomach. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Nick,I'm new to this forum, but not new to IBS. I'm 40, Female and have had IBS since I was 13. I'm sorry the Drs. don't seem very helpful. Believe it or not, after all of these years, I am still having difficulty with Drs. If you are not getting help TRY ANOTHER ONE- try as many as you can. You will find that you may need to keep your options open for as long as you have this disorder. Right now, love my GI but think my family dr. is out to lunch with understanding this disorder. Time for a new one! Never ends. Anyway......Short background info for IBS. The IBS diagnosis is given after all other diseases have been ruled out. This means: cancers, IBD, and an army of other things. Performing a stool culture is not enough. I, too, have fatigue and depression at times due to this illness. It seems to come with the territory. However, the rash is something I have never had. That one symptom may be a sign that there IS something else going on that is beyond IBS. Seeing that you are in Australia, I have no idea how health/Drs work, but I would again stress that don't let a DR or Yourself diagnose IBS if ALL other things haven't been tested for and ruled out. Hope that helps!ps.) I take Immodium and Bentyl for my IBS. I am also getting off of Paxil after an unsuccessful year on it. Zero help for IBS unless you consider not caring about IBS ( or little else) and eating like a pig to the tune of 16 lb weight gain a success. I HATE it...will never do the antidepressant thing again. Just my opinion-different things for different people

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.