Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all my name is Kay, 19, London, Recently been diagnosed with IBS, I'm finding it really hard to accept and suffer from depression, been unwell for 2 years not knowing what was wrong and it got worse and worse, and its strange to get a diagnosis, I'm scared of what the future holds. I'm a musician and want to be able to have a career but I'm in so much pain and feel drained of all energy I'm struggling.Some of my friends arn't helping, basically saying I'm moaning and over reacting, they have no idea how it feels, I feel alone. Most days I'm in agony, constantly wanting to curl in a ball and disapear, the pain sometimes wakes me from my sleep, recently starting taking antispasm tablets which have helped a bit, but eating makes me feel awful, I'm terrified to eat, and have no idea what to eat, I'm waiting to see a dietician but am scared of whats gonna happen next.Right now im really hungry but I don't want to eat cos I don't want to be in pain. I'm so scared and its slowly sinking in that I have IBS, I feel sick to my stomach when i say outloud "I have IBS" I don't know anyone who suffers from it to, so joining this website might be a good way for me to understand it a bit more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kay, I am new to all this as well. I can tell you from my experience is that eating very bland foods and in small portions helps me. I literally had rice for dinner the other night. Plain toast is good too. I get really nauseous and basically didn't eat much two days this week. I get really depressed too, thinking there is something wrong with me. Good luck and I hope you find a good nutritionist. It has helped me a little, but I know its a long road.You are not alone.... let me know if you find something that works.Victoria

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thank you so much, and yeh plain food sounds good, one problem with me is i love my spicey and rich flavoured food so Im gutted lol, i had mash potato and rice for dinner yesterday and it still made me feel unwell, but I'm gonna try loads of diffrent plain things, lucky i love toast. I'm glad to hear it helped you a bit. Yeah seems like a really long process, shame there isn't a quick fix! Thank You so much
One thing ive found thats been helping after i eat this last week, has been peppermint tablets they make your breath smell nice too.Take Care Victoria, Kayleigh x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.