Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note to say I have found this board a real comfort in times of stress I have read many posts and thought to myself. "Well, well, I thought I had it bad. Maybe it ain't as bad as I feared."My biggest discomfort seems to arise from alcohol although im not sure if it is the alcoholic content that gives me the problems of the carbonated fizz. I feel better if I stick to wine and flat drinks but even with these some discomfort is inevitable.I get the classic pain under the last rib on the left side. This is a constant problem in the mornings but slowly eases through the day. Another big problem is awakening during the night with stomach noise. This will increase over about 1/2 hour then I will break wind sometimes quite loudly and the feeling will slowly pass. My whole left side, from my shoulder blade down to my hip often has a tingling hot feeling though not painful is just down right annoying.Over the years I have tried many things from Colpiemine, spasmanol, colofac, three lac anti canidia powders ( I fell for the old yeast growth nonsense Im afraid) and digestive enzymes which I have to say I thought were really working for a number of weeks until the symptoms came back.

· Registered
1,331 Posts
HI and welcome. Not sure about all the pain BUT I did have really bad pains in my left side right under my ribs. I went to Dr. There is a really sharp turn in your intestine right there and gas gets trapped. I now comes and goes. But I do take peocid AC every night. Take care and again welcomeKat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.