Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I'm a 36 yr old female accustomed to bouts of gas, bloating and consipation. But since January, I've been suffering episodic bouts of upper abdominal pain and cramping w/nausea and or diarrhea. The pain just behind the lower notch of my ribcage. It feels like the rhythmic cramping you get with a stomach virus. I get this every month approx a wk after my period. (Although this last bout was just before it.) I had an ultrasound and the Dr. diagnosed me with IBS. Isn't IBS a large intestine (bowel) problem? What do you think?Thanks,Lisa

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Here's some great info on IBS. It describes in plain English what IBS is, and it does so waaay better than I can.
Just click here: http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs03.htm Hope this helps.BQPS Welcome! btw, Sorry you had to join us but glad that you found us.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The large intestine wraps around the outside of the abdominal cavity. The bends in it that are at the ribcage are often places where people have problems.So pain in the rib area doesn't rule out large intestine. It is actually kinda typical of it.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.